Paw Unfortunate Souls

Originally published at: Paw Unfortunate Souls – Gems of War

New Raid Boss Troop: Night-Slayer Night-Slayer will be available in the Raid Boss Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Ultra-Rare Troop: Spell-Paw The Spell-Paw will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in…

4 Likes

Rope Dart Week

4 Likes

I would have titled it purraid in the pridelands, but troops are good at least.

1 Like

I love the art on Spell-Paw!

1 Like

Yeah this one is exceptional! I’d use it as a hero avatar if I could!

How do you figure? Night-Slayer is a good event-only troop, nothing more or less. Spell-Paw isn’t anything special though, unless I’m missing something.

Sheer novelty of a NON-empowered convertor for once?

1 Like

As @jdk said, a non-empowered converter as we get more team options with less brokenness. As for the epic, it is nice for the event, and sometimes, that’s the best you can ask for. Even troops like oak root and earthcaller may be generally good, but outside of their events you can find better options that aren’t crippled with a niche trait.

I’ve begrudgingly accepted bad event focused troops. Delves, I think the gimmick traits are utterly useless and an epic like gravitas, is insultingly bad.

I don’t care the event, the state of the game you’re in, or even if you are playing a theme team, that troop is awful, and an indictment on the team who balances the troops.

2 Likes

Ouch!!! But I can’t really disagree either. So. I guess it’s just hard with 700+ these days to get em right. EDIT: gravitas does fit thematically with war cleric… but war cleric has also always been awful TBH
EDITx2: I hate posting stuff that’s negative bc I have had TONS of fun with this game over the years (including with stupid teams!) but some things are beyond even that level oh well :pensive:

2 Likes

This week’s Boss Raid looks like a big bad boss wants to scare (and even destroy) kitties with vacuum cleaners.

1 Like

Just chiming back in to say I think Night-Slayer is a great raid troop, top-3 as far as that goes

Like Halfgrim and Earthcaller, the boost on this one is great

And sure, maybe never see light of day outside of raids

But excellent this week for what it is. Raid is a lot more fun when the weekly troop is good :blush:

So thanks devs for a really good raid troop this week.

Please more like this one and less like Carmella and Pavos :+1:

2 Likes

No doubt, you could see from afar that Night-Slayer was a well-designed event-specific troop. The polar opposite of Rubitressa, to cite a more recent example of how not to do a raids/invasion troop.

1 Like

Night-Slayer has one job and fails.

What happens if you cast the ability against Night Hag, Nightmare, or any other clearly night-affiliated creature? Absolutely nothing.

Compare to Gob-chomper. I am disappoint. It’s a waste of a hyphen. If no one’s going to slay the night, I have to marry it.

2 Likes