Owl Be Back (Weekly Event)

Right now I’m fielding this no-Infernus team.

Hero[Mang] (Archer), Skrymir, Flame Troll, Ironbark

One of the potentially unforseen side effects of the design of these modes is some flavor of “Hero with Mang” is usually going to be a staple of the team.

Skrymir’s HP gain is no joke and the barrier is nice gravy.

Flame Troll should maybe be higher up, Skrymir blocks it a little but I’m not clear on the effects of swapping.

Ironbark is sort of required, but so far I’m Mang-ing the entire team.

The bow crates for me yellow/purple gems not blue/green ones.

You know, as much flack as I’ve been giving this game lately, I’m really proud of you guys this week. The synergy is amazing.

Think about it:

We’re doing Invasions this week, with Elementals. Also, the weekly Event is kill red troops in Explore and the new Invasion troop takes red. It’s great.

So, what you can do is Explore for both stones and the event. And, when you hop over to Invasions, you can even use Sunbird/Rowanne like you do in Explore for awhile to get through battles quick. Then, when it gets hard, bring in the new troop (which is hopefully fully traited because you just spent time doing the Event). Its perfect!

I mean, I even bought a few Tiers for Invasion. Why? Because I’m actually having fun with the events this week. You all remember fun, right? It was the reason why we started playing this game in the first place.

You guys keep doing weeks like this, and I will definitely stop complaining about the game as much.

I can’t speak for others though. Lol.

I haven’t jumped into the event yet, but I tried making an all elemental team last night with what I had:
Gloomleaf
Forest Troll
Hyndla
Infernus (or Garuda if you don’t have Infernus).
Blue/Green banner

Fill Forest Troll to feed Gloomleaf and Hyndla. Cast Gloomleaf as often as possible to steal armor and attack, Hyndla is there both to do damage and summon giants to replace any troops that die. I was killing 3-trophy PVP last night and often didn’t even use Infernus.

I got Tier IV and played all the way through today’s sigils with:
Dawnbringer (Bard still)
Ironbark (Legendary)
Flame Troll
Infernus
w/ Dragon Banner (+2Red +1Yellow -1Brown)

I really should swap Infernus and Ironbark…

And if you don’t need the Arcanes so badly the best place to collect the Event Stones seems to be Grosh-Nak. Nearly every orc is red so there are plenty combinations with at least three red enemies in Explore.

2 Likes

Exactly. Everybody wins!

I think this is going to be a pretty fun week of Gems.

Glad to see the Major Orb of Growth back. If only they did something about the crafting of Minor Orb of Growth to Major Orb of Growth, things would be even better…

1 Like

@Cyrup so the invasion event is only 12 stages or it suppose to be 20?

Its 12 on my mobile account.

It was 12 last time, it is the bounty event that has 20 stages.

4 Likes

Lol you are right sorry my bad

1 Like

I only remember because of completing all of them and how happy I was when it was over and I received a growth orb each to time. :exploding_head:

Why are mechs not constructs?

Sirrian wanted to draw a distinction between objects that were animated magically vs mechanically. So a mech uses an engine, but a golem is powered by a magic gemstone.

6 Likes

I don’t remember for sure if this was mentioned elsewhere and can’t be bothered looking…
But…

Having Ironbark Entangle a random enemy is goddamn useless against an entire team of troops who are immune to it.

15 Likes

So you’re saying that it’s not vine? I would say its the toworst secondary effect.

They’re forward-thinking. See, in 2 years, when you get to use Ironbark again, all of the enemies will be vulnerable to Entangle so you’ll be glad you were here.

8 Likes

I… I can’t… I can’t stop laughing. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I have to say, when Invasions haven’t reached 4 towers yet, it is a fun game mode.

But 4 towers on the field which do loads of damage and barrier themselves regularly and are immune to everything is infuriating to fight against.

At least with raids and bounties, if a valraven pops up and you manage to kill it, but lose the match, you have 2 sigils. Here you can only get 2 sigils after winning a match…

So all in all, I feel that Bounties is the most fun mode, as it has a more risk-reward thing going on with your flexibility of teams…

I do hope that the previous bounty troops will be added to the chests next week (I wouldn’t mind a stronger parrot or lynx :slightly_smiling_face: