Owl Be Back (Weekly Event)

I am not a fan of these new weapons, those far too often sets up the board for CPU. Beside from that :ok_hand:

4 Likes

What’s “interesting” is the Hero weapon in the Shop for REAL money (like right now). 1 singe point of damage to adjacent troops. It’s so bad, and unscaled for the current game…

On one had they are trying to drain Gems with all these new mode buy-ins, on the other they put super stale items for sale for real money. It’s like selling a three year old unrefrigerated hotdog (Nature’s Wrath),

7 Likes

I edited my post a little, but you quoted my old post. I wanted to give a little more constructive feedback, thats why I edited it.

1 Like

Most hero weapons are behind the power curve of a common nowadays. Which I guess is okay because their acquisition methods leave a lot to be desired.

The problem with raid/invasion weapons is that these types of spawners in general are risky battle acceleration gambits that don’t even have a very good risk reward ratio when you are fighting an opponent of equal strength. When you are fighting something much stronger, they are basically unusable. Like I said in many other threads, they aren’t well designed for the content they are intended to be used in.

14 Likes

That is constructive, I try to do that too, but sometimes my sarcastic side overshadows my point.

As to The Raid/Invasion weapons: I always use them early for kicks when the event is easy. But the as you progress a little using the Hero weapon ONLY helps the AI Boss by feeding him mana. Because usually the mama created by the Hero weapons doesn’t match the minions, and flows directly to the Boss.

Sarcastic comment :wink: the Raid/Invasion Weapons should all read: on cast 80% chance to give the AI boss full mana.

2 Likes

Put your drawings on the office fridge’s door. :wink:
Just for the fun of it, everyone who is not an artist on the team should make a drawn and then share it with us. :smile:

1 Like

The owl in the picture of Owl Rider gives me the impression that the elf is some sort of small fey riding a normal owl. It also reminds of Mouse Guard:

4 Likes

Cool new stuff. Invasion with Elementals this week? Sounds easy enough.

Someone remind me is there an Elemental hero class? Can’t think of one. That makes the Invasion weapon unusable. 12 gem spawn is too risky against enemies with such big numbers, as @mithran says. 16 gem spawn is much better, and if timed well, doesn’t feel so risky.

1 Like

Does the spell is boosted by the Hero anyway?
create a mix of 4 X and Y Gems for each of your Z allies. should not take the Hero into account…

It does if the hero also counts as Z. I tested / confirmed this with the Beast weapon in the last such event.

2 Likes

I think she is.

That drawing idea is fantastic. Maybe I can get Devs to draw images and we can share them on Stream :thinking:

Perhaps an invasion or raid themed image and they get 1 minute to draw it?

3 Likes

I thought Invasion will always have Knight-type soldier to fit with the medieval theme. It’s actually troop-type versus troop-type? Awesome! That will make playing Invasion more fun and different each time, both in player’s troop selection and enemies’ various type!

So the themes for each new modes are

• Raid - Kingdom troops vs 6 Boss Zuul’Goth with difference single color-element minions.(water/nature/fire/magic/wind/earth)
  • Invasion - Troop-type vs 6 Tower types with single troop-type of defenders.
  • Bounty - Any teams, preferly with Bounty hunter troops vs …?

I still don’t see a theme for Bounty troop enemies selection. Maybe we’ll see when the next one coming!

1 Like

So, this is new too, right?

7 Likes

Yes I just bumped into some. Was about to paste same screenshot. @Saltypatra should this be there yet?

Sort of bug report.

Received Courage as invasion troop from invasion shop, even though Courage is mythic with 4 extra copies.

Same here only I got a loyalty! Also mythic with 4 copies

Would using Humility/Courage in this event be a smart thing or an insane one? Or Humility/Justice?
Or is their looping too dangerous?

I used Humility against the (2 towers or less troops) and if it hits magic, that’s a really big damage boost for the Invasion troop/Mang… And with the Bard it might be regenerating a bit better?

(I don’t have an Infernus)

Oh, and I like the Clockwork Sphinx as a way of sneak peaking into the future troops :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Invasion Stage 12 was like 1400 points last time. This time is only 300. Thanks devs!

What’s a player with no Infernus to field for this event? I was thinking Gloom Leaf, but I’m kind of lost at the moment.