I think @Nimhain gave the same answer, because it’s still the actual answer.
From a player’s perspective, adding an extra purchase to the shop probably seems like a small thing to do… understandably.
From a development/production perspective though, we need to ask a lot of questions and coordinate a lot of people/tasks to add a new purchase.
- We need to ask ourselves should they be free or paid?
- We need to consult data for what price points they should be at, and/or what should be included with them - it’s surprisingly easy to add things to a store and make less overally money as a result!
- We need to coordinate our opinions on the nature of the pack with that of our publisher, and reach a consensus about what the final result will be (for both cost and contents)
- All of the above requires meetings involving very busy people, who often have more critical matters to attend to on any given week (e.g. moving console development to us at Infinity, which was quite an large project, and in the case of our publisher, some of those people have critical tasks on a NUMBER of games)
- For our own part, every shop item takes time to add every week, so we have to satisfy ourselves that potential gains from the shop items are not outweighed by the extra work adding them
You’ll have noticed us adding an occasional item to the store here and there, testing the effect, and the work required.
So, yeah, just wanted to let you know that it is indeed a 6 month discussion. We’re only a small-ish team, and with a lot of stuff happening here over the past 6 months, side-projects like adding old items to the store can very easily get sidelined for a month here and a month there.