OK Seriously, traits have ruined the game

As I’ve said before, make true shot affect the troop’s Spell damage instead of Skull damage, and all is well.

That won’t fix the problem. The only thing that switching what true shot effects will do is make Atlanta the 2014 Crimson Bat. Anyone remember that? Exactly. Don’t do that!

I think entangle should stay as it is with unentangle from gaining attack, but add an attack reduction with all entangle effects. Either a static -5 attack every time a troop gets entangled, or have a different attack reduction for every entangling troop.

But…that makes no sense from a lore standpoint…

What is your reason for wanting it to be removed with stat increase, help me understand.

Because if you tie Bruce Banner up and then he turns into the Hulk, the ropes break.

I actually think it shouldn’t remove entangle when a troop gives itself attack. It doesn’t when someone else does, so to me it is clearly a bug. But it is a viable “lore based” reason. :smiley:

-Razlath

Sirrian answered in this thread: Gloom Leaf Cleanse:

He did too, then escaped from the question on why TH is entangle messing with attack power at all and why they not go the natural way of fix to leave that alone, so everything works fine like on non-entangled troops, while the effect just prevent combat damage independently on attack power.

I’m curious if the dev team are going to revisit this, as it effectively removed an entire strategy subset from the meta.

I found the patch notes entry. What is weird is it is definitely before I started playing. However I remember distinctly pointing and laughing at entangled troops getting attack buffs all the way up to 1.07. My main team pre-1.07 used entangle to keep the top mob shut down. I would see attack buffs simply bounce (no attack granted, mob had same attack post entangle as before) and never even considered it might not work that way. After 1.07 that team was reduced to basic uselessness and I hadn’t played it since, so I didn’t realize attack buffs cleansed entangled until people started talking about it here.

I agree with those calling for a re-visit. Allowing a simple gain of attack to function as a partial cleanse seems unfair. Honestly so did the way I remembered it working where the attack bonus is simply lost. The best suggestion so far has been an interrupt on the attack rather than a reduction of attack value to 0. Plus that would stop the entangled mob from hitting for 1 when a 5 of a kind skull is matched.

Here is the patch note entry (from the 1.06 patch notes):
*Attack buffs will now cleanse entangle, allowing troops to actually make use of their attack buff, instead of flailing helplessly while the rest of the team points and laughs.

-Razlath

It was really probably fine back then but with the huge skill increases from 1.08 entangle teams need to be allowed to be a viable strategy again.

A month later, this thread remains true.

Today I had the pleasure of watching a bone dragon charge on its first turn, and take out half my team the next.

After that I had fun watching a team of empowered troops play a round against my team of crash test dummies.

Traits have really enriched the play experience!

When will we be getting the battle simulator? I’ve got an analogue proof-of-concept. It’s a football term, something like “coinflip?”

1 Like

IMHO, a better way to handle it would be to add the attack boost to the 0, and then when entangled clears you go back up to what your attack was pre-entanglement + the attack boost.

1 Like

I agree and support this

1 Like

Sounds too hard… Just entangle stops the attack action and animation… Doesn’t touch the Attack stat, so increasing it doesn’t solve the condition…

1 Like

I approve and support this even more. And it kills agile.

1 Like

I do like the idea that entangle prevents agile. Even though I depend on agile. It’s just thematically awesome.