(Not a bug) Submerged enemy Hero triggers Anti-Magic Sphere ability on AoE attack?

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC, Steam client, Game: 4.2.5.02, OS: Win 7x64 SP1

Screenshot or image:
Provided.

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
When the unit is submerged, it should receive no damage, and it doesn’t.
However, some Hero talents or abilities are still triggered, even when they should not be.
Is 0 damage still damage or is actually not damage?
0 damage does not break any barrier.
So, when the enemy spell (The Dragon Soul) with the area of effect - Fallen Stars, the Anti-Magic Sphere ability (Reduce damage from spells by 20%.) should not be triggered?

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always. I do not know, but I suspect that this issue is the old one, since the start.

Steps to make it happen again:

• Check my screenshot for more details.
  • Enemy Hero is a Frostmage (100) with the Anti-Magic Sphere ability.
  • Use the Dragon Soul’s ability once the enemy Hero is submerged.

Note:
I also posted a bug about the submerged units and the damage numbers - visual issue only.
It’s still not being fixed yet.

Looks normal to me. Even if this is a bug is it really worth worrying about? It doesn’t affect anything. The devs would be better off spending their time on bugs like not getting ToD rewards, status affects applying on skull damage even when troops dodge them and all the GW bugs.

If this bug is easy to fix, sure. If not, then it can be listed as a minor issue, especially if it brings no changes to the game play.

Bigger issue for me is this existing visual bug with damage numbers.

Its visual only. That’s the talent going “Oh, magic damage! I WILL REDUCE IT!” - even though Submerge is making the magic damage “0”, the talent doesn’t know that.

Sounds similar to Impervious triggering on positive status effects.

Of course. It’s still a bug, though. And like all the bugs, it should be reported, no matter how insignificant they are.

Sirrian said it’s implemented this way to help save The Great Barrier Reef.

Working as intended!

Although the reef could do with more saving.

3 Likes