(Fixed in 4.3) Incorrectly displayed damage values on all submerged units

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC, Steam client, Game: 4.2.0.07, OS: Win 7x64 SP1

Screenshot or image:
None.

Video
Provided.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Units that are submerged cannot be damaged by area weapons or other effects. That’s okay.
However, the damage values should display a proper damage value to submerged units, like a 0, whenever this effect is applied on such units and all the damage is ignored.

Example:
The Dawnbringer weapon does 40 damage to all units.
If all of the enemy units are submerged, the weapon will trigger, but its effects will be ignored, 0 damage values should be shown on all 4 units, and not 40 since no damage was done to any of them.
This alone creates an illusion that the enemy took the damage. Just watch a recording of my video.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always. Probably since the beginning.

Steps to make it happen again
Best course of action would be to use all four Leviathans on the opposite team.
You can use the setup that I used in my video. The choice is yours.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I’ve checked with the team and this is actually working as intended - the idea was to give some level of feedback that the Spell was occurring to the user. However, the team agree it would be useful to see a “0” indicator at least so I’ve made a note of the suggestion for them to look into in the future. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you. Yes, only a 0 indicator should be added to let people know that the damage has been ignored.

Thank you. :v:

1 Like

Thank you for fixing this issue! :hugs:

1 Like

The issue re-emerged again. :frowning:
@Cyrup @Kafka

I’ll post a screenshot of today’s event. It’s also present in Delves and probably everywhere else.

@Cyrup since we see the troops moving out of the way of the damage I think it’s pretty obvious they are avoiding it. I do not think it should show 0 damage since unlike barrier submerge avoids the damage it doesn’t block it. Submerged troops showing 0 damage to me just does not make sense.

Hey 0 damage will be displayed on Submerged troops in 4.3

2 Likes