[Not a bug] Matched gems breaking incorrectly

iOS 17.1.2, iPad Mini

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Team code: [1187,7199,6976,7471,3067,3,1,1,1,2,2,2,14002]

In Journey, when using beastly bow, green gems are created. In successive games, after using the bow, first with a 6x6 block of green gems, then with a column of 6 green gems - not all gems broke.

I could see some break, but leave others. It’s as if the game is only recognizing that some gems are matched.

I think this happened in PVP as well.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Hard time say. I thought something was funny - and then started to look for it. While I only observed it with green gems, I think it might be happening with all large matches.

Steps to make it happen again
Play the game and create lots of one color of gems. I mostly played Journey so far this week, but I think I saw it in PVP too

Beastly Bow has upgrades that break the spell, e.g. Primal immediately destroys 3 green gems. This happens before the game tries to resolve any matches, so you won’t get any extra turn, even if one shows up at first.

1 Like

Thank you - agreed. But that doesn’t make sense in the context of creating a looping team. We’d all be better off NOT traiting that final weapon upgrade…

1 Like

That’s correct, I’ve not upgraded mine and don’t plan to do so. The community has actually been asking for years to change the upgrades on this and some other, similarly broken weapons. Unfortunately, we only got told a few times it will be looked at, without anything ever happening.

2 Likes

They never said they’re going to change anything.

They’ve looked at it and shrugged.

Not true, way back they even asked the community to list all broken weapons, then kept saying they are working on it whenever we inquired about the status. The main excuse was that they wanted to do a “real fix” instead of a “band-aid”.

I’m sure, development would still proclaim this and show it as a proof of how serious they take the issue.
If they were communicating with us in the first place.

2 Likes

I just went off what you wrote and what my experience with the devs is and was trying t be funny. :sweat_smile:

That sadly makes it worse.

Can’t be too hard to change a few upgrades one would imagine.

There were actually some really reasonable community proposals, like changing gem destruction to mana gain. And it wouldn’t even have needed a software update on client side, just a data push from server side, which is already happening several times a week. A few hours of work at most, I guess they didn’t find a way to monetize it.

1 Like

That’s the core I would guess, yeah…

Hey, I’d pay $9.99 if all bad weapon upgrades would be changed. Once. For all weapons.

How about that, devs?

That’s actually an interesting idea, Buy a Bugfix. As extra incentive you could even get your name mentioned as sponsor in the game credits.

• $100: Fix tarot card missing in vault (recurring, seperate purchases required)
  • $500: Fix “Unknown Error” popping up after battles
  • $1000: Fix PvP Lance Knight bug
  • $2500: Fix incorrect Guild Wars score aggregation
  • $5000: Fix broken daily offers
  • $10000: Fix PvP lag

Unfortunately, it would just end like this:

HrJ0ykbvDdh5m9r0LXpfiodYAt911KoORIvzrMzYOuI

5 Likes

Yeah, I know… Don’t give them ideas. Sorry. My bad. :rofl:

So the Doomed Weapon affixes were changed according to the community feedback we received.
The feedback regarding the other Weapons is still to be considered but was left alone in order to prioritise other feedback/features/bug fixes.

1 Like

Which itself took several years and wasn’t quite according to the community feedback. However, there was a deeper pattern in those changes, which is actually pretty neat if you happen to notice it.

Not. Helping. At. All.
It’s been how long now in total, through several feedback iterations, 5 years? Who is doing those considerations, the pet rock in the coffee corner? Just let us individually toggle weapon upgrades on/off once purchased, similar to hero talents, then everybody should be happy.

8 Likes