[Reported] Guild Guardians and Potions

Platform, device version and operating system:

PC/Steam

Screenshot or image:

This is the starting board.

This is what happens when I cast Loyalty targeting the red potion, the picture is taken near the end of the spell, done at .25% speed to catch the full effect.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. ‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

Targeting a potion, I expected Loyalty to create 0-15 green gems and 0-15 red potions. It instead created a combination of green gems and red gems.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

It happens every time I cast any of the 6 guild guardians targeting a potion of other color.

Steps to make it happen again
REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious! Example: I lose once in the Arena, I then exit to the world map, select broken Spire on the Map and enter Arena. broken spire’s quest lost instead.

All you need to do is have a team with 1 or more of the 6 guild guardians, fill it’s mana, wait for a potion to fall, and cast the guardian, targeting the potion.

I hope this is intended tbh. You clicked a red potion gem which is a type of red gem. So, Lotalty created red gems.

It is like all the previous discussion on how lycanthropy gems are really just purple gems and should be treated as such. A red potion gem should thus be treated as a red gem, which it is.

Yup, though lycan gems, at the time, were different from purple gems for purposes of things exploding all purple gems, but later got coded to act like purple gems.

Given the nature of potions and what they do, it’s potentially intentional, but I figured I would bring it up and see.

Do things that explode all gems of a color explode potions of that color as well? Answering my own question here, from experience, things that target gens of said color, like Leprechaun’s spell, do cause the potions to explode, get destroyed, or be removed. The only thing that isn’t functioning properly is the duplication.

Hey @LucianDevine,

Thank you very much for posting this :slight_smile:

I’ve looked into it and this is not the intended behaviour as Mana Potion Gems are more in line with Heroic Gems and shouldn’t be able to be selected when you are using these select a Gem Troop spells.

I’ve reported this to the Dev team so this can be fixed. Thanks for raising this!

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

1 Like

I thought this was an interesting one, as I believe Doomskulls are able to be selected by the Guild Guardians mentioned (and certain similar troops like The Devoted), and I had thought this to be intended; and Heroic Gems were once likened to their coloured counterparts in the same way as Doomskulls to regular Skulls.

Checking this just now confirmed it.

As a heads up, Uber Doomskulls also appear on the left tooltip, indicating they will probably also be selectable when they show their faces again. I’d be interested to know what the intended behaviour is there, as well!

(I.e. Finley will likely convert Uber Doomskulls along with the others, Zombie will likely remove all Skulls including Uber Doomskulls – so if Doomskulls being able to be selected is intended, it would potentially be weird if being able to select Uber Doomskulls wasn’t)

1 Like