[Not a bug] Delve rooms do not count for Glory Hound Campaign task

Platform, device version and operating system: iPhone

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I’m at 3/5 battles with earned glory for the Glory Hound Campaign task. I play a daily delve battle where I earn Delve Glory and the counter stays at 3/5. I would expect for the counter to count up.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Today on release of Campaign.

1 Like

Unfortunately Delve Glory doesn’t count. It has to be Glory earnt from PvP battles

Spoken with the team about this and the Glory has to be Glory earnt in battles, the Delve Glory is different so it doesn’t count.

Well, the wording is misleading then - “Earn glory from any battle” hardly implies that delve room rewards are not “earned”.

5 Likes

Agreed, feedback passed on

3 Likes

Delve gold, delve glory and delve souls are stupid and were stupid.
And since the intent was to limit the amount of gold made from delves.
I think 4.7 was a big enough gold Nerf that such petty things aren’t necessary anymore.
Therefore the special delve currency should just be removed completely.

1 Like

Campaign task says “Earn Glory from any battle (except Training).” It does NOT say, “except Delves” and it does NOT say “from PvP only”.
I completed three battles for Glory from the Adventure tab and earned Glory from 3-4 battles in the Delve of Wild Court.

2 Likes

So, what feedback exactly gets passed on?
Because I hope the feedback includes the solution ‘in casual or ranked PVP’ since only that glory counts.

As a (relatively) new player (1 year :grimacing:) … I never got the point of “delve glory” or “delve gold” - is there some sort of history here?

It’s so abilities like Cedric ‘gain 100% bonus gold from battles’ don’t increase delve gold.

↑ what he said and armor bonuses.
So all those souls, and gold bonuses under the hero tab don’t apply to delves.
Delves were created as the original gold sink. So they also restricted the amount of gold you can make from them. To make it less transparent, they included glory and souls as well.

as showed in picture. glory is still 0/20.

This is not a bug. Its intentional. Glory Hound only counts glory from ranked pvp. Always has, several bug reports up already for this exact reason have been ignored.

1 Like

The text says any battle (except training) - so either the text needs changing or the mechanic does.

Them ignoring threads doesn’t mean the players are wrong.

5 Likes

Im not arguing with you, its not my opinion lol

1 Like

Yeah, I know - I just wanted to emphasize this again. If the mechanic is correct, the text needs a little “pvp” added and it would be fine.

Otherwise they’ll be getting bug reports again and again.

4 Likes

They are both correct. That glory isn’t earned from a battle, it’s earned from the room reward shown in the upper right corner of the Underspire room card. However, it’s highly confusing to handle it in such a way, the sane approach would be either ditch the task or allow it to count any glory earned, no matter if that might sometimes allow players to finish the task a minute faster.

1 Like

Most people would just assume that a room reward that you have to battle for will count as earned from battle.

2 Likes

It intentionally doesn’t count, if it did your armor/pet/VIP bonus would multiply gold and souls of the room reward. Apparently they don’t want to be that generous. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh no! 1% more souls. That would be game breaking! :joy:

I mean, I get it for those types of rewards but it’s weird to not have it count for a task.

Anyway, the confusion would be removed if they’d add the word PvP, or if they’d just drop the task entirely.

2 Likes