(Not A Bug) Bombot not buffed by Mentor Talent

Win7Pro and Android 7.0 mobile app

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Expected Result: Bombot’s magic should be buffed from 9 to 10 because of the Mentor Talent in the Mechanist Class.

Actual Result: Bombot’s magic is not buffed from 9 to 10 however Clockwork Sphinx was buffed as was my hero.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
100% of the time Bombot is not buffed. I just started noticing it yesterday because I was playing with my talents.

Steps to make it happen again

1. Construct a team with at least the hero being Mechanist Class with the Mentor Talent selected in the talent tree, Bombot, and one other creature with a variable magic ability like Clockwork Sphinx.
  2. Note the magic values of each creature with variable magic pre-battle.
  3. Start a battle, making sure that none of the enemies has a trait that reduces magic.
  4. Note the magic value of all but Bombot have been increased by one because of the Mentor Talent.

Explode 2 random Gems. Deal [(Magic / 2) + 3] damage to all enemies, boosted by my Armor and destroy myself. [2:1]

This is his actual ability. Half of the magic +3. So he needs +2 magic to gain 1 more damage.

2 Likes

Alright I see from the database that is the spell explanation. There is no way from the in-game card to know that. Thanks for the explanation.

Most spells in the game scale 1:1 with magic, but a few (of which Bombot is one) scale 1:2—where you get one additional point of spell effect every second point of magic. Even fewer scale 2:1, where you get two points of spell effect for each point of magic.

1 Like

If you look at Bombot’s Magic stat (next to the little globe, above the spell description) in the pictures, you’ll see it has been increased by 1 (from 12 to 13). I guess the rest is up to inference, but given that its spell damage is less than its Magic, it’s most likely not going to be a 1:1 ratio.

2 Likes