Nimhain voice in video

Those things are nothing compared to Huntsman spiders!

1 Like

First iā€™d have to change my pants then iā€™d drop dead.

1 Like

Sweet Christmas!

This is exactly why I live in Oregon. The only thing we have to worry about here is angry nutrias.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s kind of freaky @Nex is Huntsman spiders are actually quite friendly. They go inside to escape the heat and moisture of the Australian climate and they donā€™t often bite humans.

One thing is for sure, donā€™t own a chihuahua in Australia!

1 Like

Thatā€™s comforting, and yet, if I saw one of those things, Iā€™d scream, curl up into a ball, and start crying like a six-year-old girl whoā€™s fallen off her bike and skinned her knee.

4 Likes

THAT explains all that noise from across the office when you read this thread!

Mystery solved.

6 Likes

Not always true, I had a aggressive one go after me one day when I was leaving home for work. It was up on itā€™s hindlegs and actually chased me down the path.

It was still there finished up. Too forever to kill the buggers, he refused to die.

3 Likes

Shudder

Iā€¦ uhhā€¦ damnā€¦

Yep - mostly friendly - I used to pick them up and play with them when I was a kid. Will still occasionally pick one up and move it out to the garden.

A couple of years back, I spotted one under my deskā€¦ decent sizeā€¦ 5 inches across or soā€¦ and I was nudging it with my foot to go away (donā€™t like to kill them if I donā€™t NEED to, since theyā€™re great at keeping away other pests), and the little @%#$^ turned around and bit me on the foot - nasty red bite that swelled up for a week and was painful. He got squished shortly after that.

5 Likes

spiders that are damned near a foot? hell wit that Iā€™d need to keep a spear handy.

All I have to say about those spiders are shotgunsā€¦buckshot shotguns

Awwwww Q-Bert has influenced the forums

1 Like

I like having spider in my living space, they kill other insects. .

1 Like

We kill/remove everything not intended in our living space here.
(Remove = Catch in a jar and release outside.)

Ants, spiders, gnats, roaches, etc.

We see maybe 2-5 creepy-crawlies a week. Kicks up a bit in the summer and can almost completely die off in the winter. Place is sanitized regularly with very little unorganized clutter.

We donā€™t like things hanging out in our living space as you can probably guess. So yeah, people always mention how spiders get rid of other insects, but we seem to handle the insect problem just fine ourselves, thanks.

:athletic_shoe:
:spider:

1 Like

This reminds me of my time playing D&D and impaling the giant spider (dungeon boss) with a trident.
Over here in Brazil we have tons of small harmless spiders and a few (two or three) dangerous/poisonous ones, but geckos and lizards are better to keep bugs away.

On-topic: Nice to hear you Nimhain! :smiley:
And DonBoba is now one of the happiest fellows around here. :laughing: