New Hero Class: Orbweaver

Yeah but what you say isn’t necessarily true by default.

Miasma has several great synergies.

1 Like

New class quest dialogue can be found at:

Other than artwork for the class weapon (at Orbweaver - Classes - Gems of War Database and http://ashtender.com/gems/weapons/spider-totem) I don’t see any other released changes.

(I agree with @Shimrra that “Spidey Senses” seems off – there are no spiders, and there’s a Green Seer for a team that doesn’t use green?)

1 Like

oops - that fight was supposed to be 3 Giant Spiders & a Green Seer… not sure how the Mist Stalkers got in there!

1 Like

Using stealth of course.:wink:

2 Likes

Other than Gar’Nok, there are no other troops that harm their allies in any way without a complete sacrifice? I thought about pairing these two up but Gar’Noks 15 mana cost seems excessive to (hopefully) trigger a Giant Spider, plus you would need two slots open. Just curious @Sirrian what order would the Orc and Giant Spider summon trigger in this scenario if only one slot is open?

Ah shucks, thought is was rewritten to “when I am damaged”! Haven’t unlocked it yet but I figured ANY damage inflicted, whether skull, spell or poison.

So I’m translating that as ANY damage inflicted on the Hero regardless of the source. Does this mean a poisoned or burning Orbweaver could in theory summon an army of spiders? Squash one, another one pops up! An arachnophobes worst nightmare :wink:

EDIT: I’m guessing that traits such as the various Aspects and Suppression will not trigger Familiar because it’s classified as “Skill Point Loss” instead of Damage.

Although the text implies ANY damage, I’m not 100% certain that’s the case. We’ve had trouble wording this type of scenario before (mainly because we’re trying to be succinct for otehr languages) and key words accidentally get removed. @Nimhain would certainly know, since she did all the testing and design of the class. We’ll be able to confirm when one of us gets to the office tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

Damn ninja changes…

It was changed with the update from “when enemies deal Skull damage” to “when I take damage.”

edit: ninja’d by more or less everybody.

If it is skull damage only, it’s worthless

If it is any damage, there are ways to use it effectively.

yep - which makes me think it was either a shortening to help french or german fit into the space OR it was an actual data change. I’d hold off traiting, if you’re on the fence about it, until we confirm about 8 hours from now.

Obviously I am not in any position to confirm the mechanics of the behavior, and those on the fence about traiting would be wise to listen to @Sirrian’s advice and wait for @Nimhain’s clarification. I will say that the updated game data specifies the same trigger conditions as Frenzy; so if I were a betting girl I’d bet that it would apply whenever Frenzy does. (And the previous version had the trigger conditions of Stoneskin et al.)

1 Like

I’m thinking the same but waiting for clarification before I spend those Venoms. In fact I might wait until Friday because I believe that’s when we get a drumroll new Mythic of the Month Club being delivered! Have no idea what it is or what stones we need to trait so I’ll hold off until I see what the new beastie is…

My testing of the new legendary ability is that it only triggers when HP damage is taken. Armor damage never triggers it.

It would be cool if a troop got poison everything, including allies. That would work great with this new class. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That makes sense, as it’s how Frenzy works. So, the change makes the skill better against magical damage, but worse against skull damage. Still probably better as it is than before.

I do not know what you guys where thinking when making this class, but now dokkalfar might see even less play than he does now. [quote=“ZooKeeper, post:7, topic:11559, full:true”]
Its 3rd trait should summon Dokkalfar instead of Giant Spider XD
[/quote]

Why is it not this?
orbweaver summons giant spider better than dokkalfar because you do not need to give orb weaver mana to summon the spider.

Don’t poison an Orbweaver Hero…

I would suggest the class stats be reworked to be higher HP and less armor then