New Help Center

Renown is awarded at the same time as the rest of the Delve rewards (so you’ll see it in the list with all the other rewards), but it does not get awarded randomly as a chest output.

There will be two kinds of faction events, just like there are two kinds of class events. During the week the event is a single day and based on a faction that already exists. When a new faction comes out there is a three-day event for that faction.

5 Likes

I understood that the Renown is given at the same time than the Delve Rewards, but it somewhat misleading as we get the points if we achieve a new record of one of the 3 listed goals and not from the chest.
I will not be surprised if players come here asking why they didn’t get Renown…

And the screenshot of the 2nd reward from the preview with souls as a reward :slight_smile: :

4 Likes

Thank you, I shared this with my guild!

1 Like

Three delve scrolls are awarded at daily reset. They are like the daily dungeon, and independent of any event.

1 Like

I think this screenshot from Treasure Quality explain it better what items can drop from Delve Chest. I agree that including Renown point in there is very confusing.

1 Like

I think there might be some mistakes here.

How is the Underworld different from Krystara?

Overall, the Underworld does not function in the same way as Krystara. The content, activities, and tasks of the Underworld are vastly different, but some of the key gameplay mechanics are the same. Both Krystara and the Overworld have Troops, however, Krystaran Troops cannot be unlocked in the Underworld and vice-versa.

I think it should be “Both Krystara and Underworld” instead. Overworld and Krystara are the same thing.

Tips

• The cycle of earning Rewards in the Underworld: Complete a Delves to level up Chest sof delve > Open Chests > Collect Chaos Shards > Use Chaos Shards to open Chaos Portals > Portals Give Treasure > Renown > Treasure Upgrades the Treasure Hoard for that Faction allowing you to earn Skill bonuses and resources.

A typo that also a bit confusing. I think “upgrade Delve Chest level” might be better. And personally, I don’t think Renown is a part of this circle, but rather the overall goal of it. Players don’t always get more Renown point if they’re unable to make new record in each tasks.

1 Like

Very nicely done, @Cyrup!

The edits and additional explanations are very well done.

However, this “tip”…

But, come on… whose going to have buckets of Mythic-level treasures laying around ever to donate to one’s treasure hoard? :rofl:

8 Likes

Great job on the underworld help center information @Cyrup. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Did they bump up Sacred Treasures in a later beta version? Last time I looked they were only 500 XP apiece.

EDIT: Complete and total mis-read and derpiness in full display. Leaving the original reply, which misread the original intent of the quote in question, as it contains actual useful information (just not what the poster was asking about).

I would actually strongly disagree with that statement. As players will find out in ~36 hours or so, Krystara and the Underworld are very different and mostly independent experiences that do not interact with each other outside of the following:

– Souls: Used only to level a Faction’s four troops to 20.
– Gold: Used only to fund adding Treasure Troops to a Faction’s Hoard and the 4k gold faction unlock button for a new Faction.
– Gems: Used only to purchase Tiers in 3.x style for loot/sigils during Faction Events.

Otherwise… that’s it. What happens in Krystara, stays in Krystara (and vice versa with the Underworld).

Just double checked on beta. Still 500 per for a Sacred Treasure. Either its a typo, or the XP was bumped up for the production version of 4.0.

4 Likes

He wasn’t making that statement. Timeknight is pointing out that they made a typo and that they meant to say “Underworld and Krystara” not “Overworld and Krystara”.

It was 500 XP the last time I checked as well.

4 Likes

And that’s what I get for posting early in the morning. Totally missed that. Whoosh.

Thanks for pointing out my pre-caffiene morning derp of the day. Added a disclaimer to the post in question. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m wondering about this section in the Faction Renown article:

These Rewards are specific to the Faction you are in, such as how the Pet “Tiny Dancer” is only earned from the Hall of Guardians.

Is that an “only” as in “exclusively”, meaning Tiny Dancer will never show up for pet rescues? If yes, will we be able to obtain enough copies from Hall of Guardians rewards to get it to mythic for the full pet bonus?

1 Like

It’s my understanding that the faction pet is exclusive and won’t show up in pet rescues. If you max out a faction’s individual renown, you would end up with enough copies for mythic.

5 Likes

One other thing that doesn’t seem quite clear. Delve article, Delve Troop Effect section:

Troops inside Delves have a special Effect which increases in power with higher Rarity Rooms. Similar to a Trait - but not the same - Effects give unique Skill bonuses to the Troops within that Room, on top of their normal Spells and Traits. These Effects will stack cumulatively for each Room and Troop afterward, increasing the difficulty of the Delve.

Traits can be temporarily disabled by stunning troops. Are these new effects always active or are they also subject to stun?

Always active and can’t be disabled by stun. Effects function as traits, but exist outside of the actual troop cards in question.

Effects serve as a difficulty modifier to offset players full clearing out a delve. Each additional room cleared in a delve increases the difficulty of the remaining rooms in a delve further. If, in a seven-room delve, a player clears out the other six rooms before attempting the Boss room, each troop in the Boss room will have their 3 traits + 6 Effects modifying their stats and abilities. Needless to say, this can make the Boss room very difficult to clear at higher Delve levels successfully.

2 Likes

I hacked my Delve level for the screenshot and my brain was mush yesterday so I chose an impossible delve level, I’ll fix that today thanks!!!

Sacred Treasures are worth 500XP, that was another derpy brain mistake I made yesterday sorry!

I’m doing another pass of the articles with @Ozball’s help this morning.

Sorry folks, I’m still recovering from the flu so my brain isn’t working with me 100% :frowning:

7 Likes

Hope you’re all feeling better soon. Now I understand why Sirrian and Nimhain wanted to escape the office and visit Seattle!

Pretty sure they’re the ones who infected us all with the plague flu before they ran off for PAX fun anyway!!!

3 Likes

With the office being sick. I think It’s forgiveable if the patch notes got “accidentally” posted tonight or tomorrow. Prior to the update by at least 24 hours. :grin: