New Faction - The Deep Hive

I wouldn’t feel too bad. If “insect” and “bug” were entirely synonymous, then there’d be no need to have both words :man_shrugging:

I think it’s fairly common for people to use “bug” for any kind of creepy-crawly (like the flu, even!), and not just insects.

And some people even make a living off playing with the language in this way (the video’s relevant, swear—just don’t want to ruin a punchline by explaining how)! :smiley:

5 Likes

10,600 to get a third Mythic Queen. Most I’ve had to spend, usually the legendary shows up in droves … even for just one Mythic I needed over 8k which is more than usual.

Youre good aint you? You still have a few 1000s renown on hand?

Not 100% sure what you mean but all my factions (barring this new one) have long been maxed out and I have another 20k or something chaos shards to throw around after the expenses just now. The 10.6k was not a problem, I just notice the discrepancy.

2 Likes

Ure all set then.

For anyone interested I made 1,837,000 gold taking delve to lv 500. So actually made a gold profit of about 500,000. Keep in mind I only spent the shards I earned since last delve.

This delve is probably doable with hoard 100 so you could potentially make 1,000,000 more gold than I did.

4 Likes

That’s also about how much I made during the last 2 delves taking them to 500 . 1,721,000 for Werewoods and 2,002,000 in Lyraza’s Lair.

2 Likes

I don’t know how much gold came from Faction Event vs Tributes, but I went broke prior to funding the hoard to Lvl 100, and since have put 340k into getting the Sands Kingdom to 14, and put about another 200k into guild tasks…And I’m currently at Faction Lvl 220.

As for Troop Breakdown, I used 8k shards on Hive Faction and another 12k on the Warrens. Silence of the Lapinas. I need souls, and theirs will do nicely.

Beetle: 93
Moth: 55
Scarab: 23
Beetrix: 18
Total: 189

Trickster: 145
Bunnicorn: 86
Lapina: 32
Luna: 18
Total: 281

Sack of Coppers: 56
Brass Ring: 243
Silver Chalice: 112
Gold Crown: 67
Lamp: 39
Sacred Treasure: 13
Total Treasures: 530 vs 470 Total Troops. I wish I had a spreadsheet. And more Gold. And Sacred Treasures…but I’ll get by. For the Horde. :axe::rage::shield:

1 Like

And moth mage has a feminine figure with thigh high boots yet fuzzy antenna are a male charateristic in the world of moths.
It’s a silly fantasy game, this stuff happens all the time.
Find me some consistency in what differentiaties a wargare or tauros from a wildfolk and how those differ from beasts and how those differ from monsters.

9 Likes

This was a good Faction. I haven’t enjoyed doing a Faction Event in a long time. Thanks so much!

3 Likes

So Beetrix is a pretty killer farming troop for moderate to low level casual PVP. Couple of Nysha medals and she can do 90+ scatter true damage with a decent chance to keep the turn. 8 mana start with King Silenus. Any hero class works. Don’t have L&D, GET IT, but you can use any weapon that doesn’t block blue or green.

[6384,1252,6863,6638,3039,3,1,1,1,2,0,0,14031]

6 Likes

A few more things I can add for this faction:

Somewhat flexible room layout; not the same sort of flexible as Lyrasza’s Lair, rather closer to All Seeing Eye or The Warrens or perhaps Dark Pits, but still - a choice of path is a choice of path.

Random spell effects that are not annoying.
What makes this weeks roster much superior to random hell of Lyrasza’s Lair is that troops have a guaranteed action and the random part (that might or might not happen) is a useful addition. If it doesn’t trigger - oh, well, let’s move on. If it does trigger - cool, I just received a gift!
(Well, maybe apart from when you cast Scarab Knight to avoid taking the only possible and not beneficial gem match on the board but trigger extra turn chance and still have to take it.)

2 Likes

Uhm… so… Given that this faction was launched 2 weeks ago… How come it already is back in the weekly Faction Assault next week?

The only thing I can think of is that the Devs is thinking of the ones that had a busy weekend and could not play when it was first released, finally they do have a chance to play the new faction now in an event not far off from when it was released. This is good IMO.

The factions cycle through on Tuesdays based on the order in which they were released. Lyrasza’s Lair was last week, so Deep Hive is next. It’s kind of nice that the devs put the faction into the rotation immediately.

2 Likes