New Faction - City of Thieves (Nintendo Switch)

Originally published at: New Faction – City of Thieves (Nintendo Switch) – Gems of War

New Faction: City of Thieves Join Raven, as you explore the dark underbelly of the City of Thieves! We have a new Faction to delve, as well as lots of new troops, ruled over by the King of Thieves! To celebrate the release of this new Faction, we will be running a Faction event over…

1 Like

Switch players: If you’re going to leave a faction at level 20 for farming purposes, this is a really, really strong contender. Maybe Silver Necropolis is equally good—I think the average payouts are a little bit lower, but Silverglade already has two additional non-cosmetic pets, so missing out on the faction pet is less limiting. If you keep City of Thieves as your farm faction, you only have one pet (Manticub) available.

1 Like

just a newbie question:
why leave any faction lvl20 ?
what are you trying to farm with it? (shards ? gold ?)

The point of a level 20 faction is that you can easily fully clear it three times a day with your daily sigils. You earn up to 54 class XP from the battles, which is useful in leveling up your classes. You also earn ingots (very useful for early game players trying to improve their weapons), a bit of gold and souls (handy), and plenty of chaos shards. The more shards you have, the more times you can open portals, so the more high-level treasures you get. This makes upgrading your hoards faster and cheaper. And if you leave the faction at level 20, you have a lot more flexibility in the troops you bring—you don’t need to worry about bringing out the big guns just so you can survive the fights.

The drawback is that you can’t ever advance the faction, either on its opening weekend or during a later weekly event. So you miss out on a bunch of renown, and a pet. But I think it’s well worth the trade. Sometimes I want a challenge, and sometimes I just want to hammer out 50 class XP because that’s all I have time for at the moment.

3 Likes

ok, but i guess doing a lvl 50 faction is also doable, and since every faction @ lvl 500 has it’s lvl 50 version availble

realy new player will get all that gold and other stuff just by trying to push factions at any level :wink:
but i get your point, exping hero with lvl 20 faction is probably faster than fire bomb exploring :wink:

On the flipside complete this now or never lol…its a rough one.