So, as almost everyone knows, City of Thieves is THE faction to farm. However, farming a faction also means one thing and that is giving up on that same faction. Giving up means to intentionally leave the faction level at 20 and not level it, EVER.
Giving up and irreversibility of not doing so comes with several negatives:
- You will not receive the bonus faction renown from the delve or the pet
- You will literally skip every City of Thieves faction assault and do nothing
- If a new player plays City of Thieves faction assault, they will have ruined their farming for a literal eternity (for now)
If you level City of Thieves to 500 there are several downsides to farming:
- Lowest level you can play is 50 and clearing level 50 is significantly slower than clearing level 20 and one shooting everything
- Since level 50 will be on the left side it means that your starting multiplier is 0.5x instead of 1x when leaving it at 20. So it is both slower and less rewarding
This issue can be solved in several ways. The most popular opinion is to simply always have the lowest playable level of the delve at 20. This would remove one of the two negatives of leveling City of Thieves as the multiplier would still remain at 0.5x.
The other feasible option is the concept of Home Delve. Similar to Home Kingdom you would chose a single delve to be your Home Delve (or whatever you want to name it). Setting a delve as your Home Delve would make it always have a option of playing level 20 delve at 1x multiplier (or more hehe). This would remove all the negatives of leveling the farming delve.
I am writing this in light of City of Thieves being scheduled to be on faction assault in ~1 - 1.5 months. It would be super awesome if something was done about this by the time of faction assault.