New Campaigns Sneak Peek

Originally published at: New Campaigns Sneak Peek – Gems of War

Hello Adventurers! We have some exciting changes coming to campaigns in the 6.9 Update. Let’s dive right in! We have seen 13 Campaign so far, from the Seal of Kurandara, saving Urskaya from a Daemon Lord, right through to the Spirit Window where we have discovered Vulpacea. It’s been a wild ride, but it’s time…

27 Likes

Sounds… easier.

Hopefully these new Campaigns start including more books. Players are getting to the point where progress is heavily book gated in a lot of kingdoms.

18 Likes

I can already see the campaign task ‘earn glory in any battle’ still being only achievable in pvp.

The “tend to” part has me a little worried. Will it still be possible to reroll tasks if it asks for something a player might not do in the natural course of playing, e.g. play one game mode a lot (like Treasure Hunt or PvP)?

6 Likes

The campaign was fine the way it was. A bit tedious but not broken, apart from that one time. This worries me when they fix an unbroken thing, things break.

12 Likes

As long as I can still reroll anything annoying that might appear, then fine.

You know, stuff like play arena (lol), treasure hunt, pvp (for glory), use a specific banner or team, waste keys, waste jewels on summoning stones, find gnomes (or waste a vault key), etc.

…so most things.

4 Likes

yes… just give arena the shift+delete treatment.

A guild mate swears by it for training. but i have had more satasfying trips to the toilet lol.

3 Likes

Wait… So this text in the last campaign story is not a meta joke, but an actual foreshadowing? Damn…

Krystara could rest peacefully for… about another 2 weeks.

Let’s see what the lore implications will be. Or if there is nothing, I can create one. :grin:

Excited to try the new changes in the campaign tasks. So far, it looked like a step in the right direction.

campaign, aside of some hickups, wasn’t that “broken”, so, if your devs touched on that I certainly expect it to be broken after 6.9 releases - given the track record over the timeframe of, lets say last 2 years. campaign tasks of the week for me was always done quickly on first hours after weekly reset and didn’t bother me at all during rest of the week. hopefully this won’t change. don’t fully know what to make of your “milestone program” yet.

the main question is: why don’t you overhaul something like arena? or treasure hunt? gamemodes that literally aren’t worth anything for long term players. gamemodes that take up too much time for the lousyness of rewards or still completely overpriced “deals” it might give you. why is this company unable or unwilling to listen or understand communit feedback since years and follows the bright idea that people who actually play this game on a daily basis “don’t know what they might want or need” and instead you throw us hurdles seemingly in every way possible?!

tbh I’m not the least looking forward to this campaign overhaul in any way.
lets hope we all get surprised in a positive way. maybe devs even find a way to work in some given feedback [ → better rewards ] with nearly three weeks remaining…

9 Likes

Idk but making campaign faster and easier seems like a pretty dang good update to me. People will still complain though. Let’s at least wait till it actually starts. Now what are we doing in that extra non campaign week?

1 Like

on paper, absolutely.

for now, due to year-long experiences I’ll stay skeptical. devs might view it as heretic.

I’ll believe everything “got better” after I’ve experienced it though and the above really comes to fruition (faster, easier, not a single negative effect compared to what we knew 13 campaigns long, no otther/extra hurdles implemented that aren’t announced yet).

After all it is only a “sneak peak”, right.

mosdef not a few days of Vault event… :surfing_man: :clown_face:

4 Likes

I don’t feel as if there is a lot on offer for long term players. I always set campaign tasks to tasks which I do anyway, the campaign gets done. Nearly every game played is simply to accomplish tasks, collect rewards and oh, look, another growth orb we don’t need. We don’t need a lot of the rewards at this point. Like others, I do wish that there were more for the long term players of many years. Still, I am grateful for new kingdoms and such, gives a little kick to the game. Would love to see overhaul of treasure hunt and I 100% agree with most players on Arena, won’t touch it. :laughing: for all of us who game daily and have been for many years, I hope something comes along to keep us challenged, just a bit?

3 Likes

I guess the 6.9 update and the new campaign coincides with the next Guild Wars week. That should be a fun week!

1 Like

I’ve always been just a little upset with this particular task from the outset … if it’s a Guild Wars week then fine, otherwise all I can seem to find are the same two or three meta-dominating teams each time making it NOT worth the frustration of attempting.

I’ll agree that Campaign Tasks being simplified to just 3 tasks that (in and of themselves) are not a chore to complete is good, but I would still like them to be somewhat themed to the week in question. Switching banners/classes/etc. IS a minor chore, but at least it felt appropriate to whatever event was occurring during the week!. (I always reserve one team slot specifically for an “event” team – kingdom+class+banner all in one).

“Pest Control” is another rather annoying one, but has the lovely exploit that the Treasure Gnomes faced in a Gnome Vault battle actually count towards it, so if you have a Vault Key lying around it becomes super easy to fill.

1 Like

Sorry but i don’t trust the sugar coating in any updates. Like the tip of the iceberg missing art files on troops . Its has been more than a month now.

3 Likes

Why not just make an “easy button” version where clicking one button changes the game to tic tac toe. every game of tic tac toe rewards 10 million gold and 10 thousand trophies. Its not like people play the game because they like it, right?
Make it so we can get all the virtual rewards and ego boosts without any effort at all. Logging in is tough, you know?

4 Likes

With rerolls possible, campaign was already pretty easy to do. I don’t mind making it even easier.

What I do wonder, though, is why things that are actually broken don’t get fixed, or why devs don’t listen to actually critical game feedback about things that are broken - anyone remember the night spider nerf that killed a good team?

Devs say it isn’t a nerf but players who actually play the game a lot know it is one.

Hey, also, what about putting our extra vault event in during the off week? Doesn’t have to be all week but maybe a few days. Just a thought…

7 Likes

What of the prolonged absence of campaign-specific mythic troops in Soulforge?

Specifically, those introduced in the previous three campaign cycles:

Medusa (Mist of Scales) | Hellcrag Monument Campaign
The Onyx Giant (Stormheim) | Prismatic Key Campaign
The Elder Dragon (Karakoth) | Dragon’s Totem Campaign

1. When will the aforementioned troops be made available in Soulforge?

2. Has a new policy been implemented that effectively excludes campaign-specific mythic troops from Soulforge?

6 Likes

One of the possible reasons for this change could be due to the comments about the Kingdom Pass/Legends Reborn being tiring to go through.

So… rather than fix that, they fixed the other concurrent thing when all 3 events are going at the same time. :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

I totally agree, this is not a priority at all, the campaign was quite alright as it was, we all tended to reroll and have units of x color to kill. A bit of exploration grind you’re done.

4 Likes