New Campaigns Sneak Peek

Daily tasks (old ones, not the current ones) were removed or redesigned because people who thought it was more grind than fun.
Campaign tasks are now being removed for the same reason.

I’m fine with this change so long as 6 months from now basically the same thing is not released with a new title… Like before.

8 Likes

Oh yeah, those need fixing. Especially the kingdom pass.

3 Likes

Medusa is an issue because she’s been around for long enough. But the other two? The Onyx Giant’s campaign was still ongoing when Mythic Cycle 24 began in the Soulforge and The Elder Dragon’s campaign came after that. So while the timing sucks for those of us who are waiting on the Soulforge to plug that gap in our collections, I don’t feel that it’s completely unreasonable that neither one showed up last cycle. And Cycle 25 has just begun and will run for 5-6 months; so long as those three mythics show up in that time, I think that’s fair enough.

Mind you, the ongoing suggestions in these spaces that something ought to be done to increase the number of mythics available to be forged at any one time becomes more reasonable with each passing month. The best suggestion being the one to simply increase the number of mythics available at any one time, because adding the toggle for “all mythics of the current week’s kingdom” wouldn’t help with the campaign mythics very much in light of how long it takes for the campaign kingdom to roll back around in ordinary play.

6 Likes

I like it. I always re-roll to a task which can completed “in the background” anyways so nothing new for me.

1 Like

The problem is that the devs seem to have zero understanding what “faster” and “easier” looks like from player perspective. The recently added Deep Delves could also have been a pretty dang good update, then ended up being an entirely wasted effort, because spending your daily sigils there actually significantly lowers your payout. At least that particular game mode is optional, campaigns are kind of mandatory, so players that have been around for a while are kind of worried.

Without further info I’ll take a cautiously pessimistic stance. That’s mostly bracing for the impact, update 6.8 was great, expecting the same again is bound to lead to disappointment. Players seemed to be mostly happy (which is a top ranking, no matter how it sounds) with campaigns ever since rerolls were added, that sets a pretty high bar for any redesign to be considered an improvement.

It’s two extra non campaign weeks, the next campaign will start beginning of May.

6 Likes

Perfect time for a vault event.

1 Like

mods around here (not sure if really devs) most likely are under the impression that the players already had around 14 too many vault events in 2023 alone. number could be higher, because math. :wink:

will be interesting what they’ll fill it up with instead. maybe two full weeks of arena event? :surfing_man: :clown_face:

4 Likes

I’m guessing an arena event will definitely be in there.

3 Likes

well, one week is a full vulpacea raid week, so not really necessary to add sth.
and next week is holiday event, so maybe also no need to add other events.
would feel a little bit like in the past, somehow relaxing…

1 Like

Not a fan of this simplification. Campaign was my main motivation for doing arena. I also think it showed new players some things they might otherwise miss.
@Fourdottwoone The guaranteed gnome makes a deep delve worth it, imo.

1 Like

I might agree if that guaranteed gnome would be one the rare gnomes that drop a verse, cursed runes or dragonite. As it stands, deep delve costs an extra daily sigil and 10k gold on top. Even disregarding the gold investment, I’ve never had a situation where the loot from the junk gnome even remotely came close to just playing the sigil.

9 Likes

I’ve encountered several rare gnomes in deep delves.
Personally, I don’t care about the extra 10k or sigil. I don’t even do all rooms in the deep delve, only the gnome and boss and what is needed to get there.

several meaning at a rate of at least 33%?
if lower: useless.
since we’re sharing opinions.

…since sadly:

…this is also fully the case for me which is why this gamemode as part of my daily routine - or “ever” - is completely dead. there never was any “profit”, just wasted time and resources. the rewards once even were less gold from a gnome than the investment of play + playtime. and that is a pure ripoff. devs won’t understand, I assume, judging from play experience and knowledge about the game that is needed.

2 Likes

If the Deep Delve added the Pet Gnome to the drop pool it would be worth it for me to play each day

4 Likes

Will it have a fix for the asset issue that reminds us how little QA is done every time an event is released or a new troop is released?

You’re requesting real money for a game that’s maintained with a skeleton crew. What are we paying for???

5 Likes

I bet we’ll get something like this in the announcement/patchnotes:

• We have fixed an assortment of smaller issues.

which translates to :jeans: on :fire:

:surfing_man: :clown_face:

6 Likes

Will the 6.9 update be released this week?

the real reason is aravata is still using his skull.

he was a bit harder to track down than expected.

“Hello Adventurers!”
every time i see this is think of VLDL.

1 Like

everything falls apart, the centre cannot hold.

Crystal ball says in roughly 15 hours from now.

1 Like