Neeker Breekers

So why are you arguing against buffs for them?

And we have the Minogor, the Dwarve Couple, the Hammer sibilings, The Frog Monsters from Urskaya, Avina…

I don’t see any sensible reason for the devs to keep making horrible designs every now and then. They don’t need to make exact copies of already existing troops… Making exact copies is a thing for their Art Department… but they can and should aim for better and intelligent designs.

EVERYTIME they push things without a critical analysis about the assumed power level or balance based on the rarity, making it too strong or too weak, we’ll eventually have trouble.

To put things in perspective: A random element can be a great bonus to the spell when we look at examples like Hellcat. The damage is a total “freebie”, his spell converts gems and that’s it.

Now… a Legendary Gnoll doing random :poop: as the main focus of his spell, making his triple damage totally unreliable while there are troops doing the same without the random part … Sigh…

This will be the day i’ll follow my pet’s advice:

2 Likes

People are talking about Cloudstalker as if they can actually tell how much damage it will do. The way it reads makes it look like it subtracts damage from 40 based on it’s magic stat. That would imply that the higher its level, the less damage it does, which is clearly preposterous. Anyone have any insight?

Edit: Nevermind. I get it now. It’s a range, not a subtraction. Move along. Nothing to see here.

1 Like

I’m not against it at all, it’s just that each troop types have their own unique speciality. Not all of them have to be as strong when compared to each other.

I would love to see them get buffed, if they can still keep their identities. For Gnolls to suddenly able to freeze troop, gain submerge, or do lethal damage would be very silly.

Well considering they recently changed their random-“identity” to another completely different random-“identity” (that is still bad in actual gameplay), i think it’s ok to get rid of that questionable identity altogether.

1 Like

And i agree, but if their identity was to “Hate Stuff” gaining extra damage there are simple and effective ways to do so without making any of them even superior to other troops. I’ve made suggestions to the devs two years ago,

These changes are really outdated by today’s standards by the way, but they would still be better than what we had and what we have now…

I don’t want a “furry Divine team” to dominate the meta, i want to be able to play with at least a minimum of coerence and sinergy with my troops. And having troops that DON’T SUCK, helps every player.

1 Like

I think I might know a reason for all of them.

• Minogor - it’s from Wild Plain. And a bull. It hate anything weaker than it and would try to bully them.
  • the Dwarve Couple - Lady Ironbeard can only do triple damage by having bigger armor. Using armor as their speciality to smash enemies is pretty dwarf thing. Lord Ironbeard is more tricky as it’s not his original spell in the first place.
  • Vodyanoi - it’s a frog in cold climate, so it got water speciality. Doing triple damage to anyone also using water tactic as well is required for survival. Also, its base spell damage is very low.
  • Amira - She is the assassin of Emperor Khosvash, who use blue, so she should be great at doing her job. The same reason Desdaemona is Infernal King’s slayer and able to do double damage on yellow troop.

For being a Legendary, his random method would need to changed to something else. Like doing full AoE, and able to do triple damage to all troop if they all got the same color, or Shocktopus’ method of selecting the color on board, and do triple damage to any troops with that color. Something like that… some more thinking and balance have to be made before it becomes an actual troop.

I remembered liking your suggested changes very much back then. I would totally be more fun and creative use, but it’s also quite complex, to the point that if these will ever happen in the future, it might also require the whole Kingdom revamp like Grosh-Nak.

So, as Gouki said, even though their abilities are limited by thier identities, even their own identities could change. But right now, the Dev have decided Gnoll-type abilities to be simple random triple damage, we might have to live with that for now until another revamp happen, which by this rate, it might take forever.

1 Like

Fair enough, though we still need to talk about it for the Devs eventually reacting to it, however long it may take.
And while identity and improvement upon it are valid points regarding most any trooptype, the Gnoll case is a bit more drastic i’d say, since the Gnoll identity clashes with itself…hard, both mechanically and thematically.
-Mechanically, having increased damage (and by “increased” we really mean baseline averagely efficient damage by endgame standards) to specific targets but being unable to target those is bad, considering the damage to other targets is really damn aweful. (things on that front might be different if their “hated” damage turned out to be really amazing and their regular damage just below average)
-Thematically, there are wild Gnolls running around that hate some enemies so much that their striking power gets multiplied against them, but despite this raging hate they won’t even attack those if there is a random dude standing just a step next to their hated mortal enemy…what?

2 Likes

I disagree, everytime this kingdom is revisited it barely receives any attention, and i understand very well that the devs have limited time to deal with every single small detail that every single player might find VERY IMPORTANT FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS GAME…
But still the speed at which they rework troops will never allow them to win this race if they ALSO keep releasing bad troops sometimes.

Honestly, who asked for another troop with a random damage output? Specially one designed to have a decent damage against the enemies in the event said troop is relevant/released? Who in their right mind imagined this would be a good thing?

Now we have ANOTHER troop (Also a weapon!) in need of a rework! In Wild Plains!!!

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to discuss this by now. Two years has been enough time to keep my particular grievance in check, and by consequence it raises again the discussions about design direction and our need for troop’s reworks. It can only benefit the players with a better experience and possibly help the devs to get a clearer understanding of what we find acceptable and what we don’t. That is, if they are willing to listen, or read in our case…

That I wholeheartedly agree. This kind of discussion on the forum can be very useful for the future of the game, instead of those blanket statement of “nerf this/unnerf that” talk without much deep discussion behind it we see so much here.

Personally, I never use those Gnolls in offense (except in Arena, they can be useful there sometimes), but I usually put them on Guild War’s defense. Players often underestimate them so much that they forget to properly counter its low-mana, high-damage spell. They do quite a great job based on my win/lose stats. My favorite would be Savage Hunter + Scorpius combo. Those stacking 100+ damage by just 10 mana can be very awesome.

So, mechanically, they might be designed as a niche troops for fighting with single-color team. So their use can be very limited, but to be fair, so do most of Rare cards. They are not meant to be a solo troops like higher rarity, so they need some support troops to make them work as their full effectiveness.

Thematically, it doesn’t translate well to lore like most of the game elements. But if I’m forced to come up with one, I would choose the dirty hunter tactic. Gnolls can choose to startle front-line troop and do heavy damage to it, or sneak from behind to attack their rare troop by stabbing it in the back.

I think their argument would be like this: Mythic Cloudstalker could get low damage sometimes (40×5 = 200), but it also could get critical damage (56x5 = 280) as well, so it should balanced out in the end. For me? Nope, it won’t. I want a reliable troop that doesn’t play with my expectations, instead of basing my win change on luck.

I don’t see any problems with the new weapon, yet. Single gem creator like Summer’s Fury sounds like a good stuff to me.

I’m pretty sure the damage listed in Sirrian’s post is wrong…
From Lyya’s site:
Horn Bow (12 Green/Red)

Deal (half)-[Magic + 16] damage to an enemy. If they are a Tower, deal 3x - 5x damage, based on my Ascensions.

It means she’ll cause more or less 12 to 40 damage and then the multipliers will apply… :neutral_face:

Yeah, i just use the info on the picture as lowest damage possible, with seem unlikely compare with other Siegebreaker troops with only around 35 base damage (with 20% event boost). I hope that picture could be fixed for better reference…

Pretty sure that ‘splash’ damage means deal 50% damage to adjacent troops, not 1 damage. Just checked on Gargoyle in a match, and it’s 50%.

2 Likes

Yay for new stuff… looks cool, even if it’s not gonna get seen after this week of tower-killing…

1 Like

There are:

• splash damage: deal damage + 50% of this damage on the adjacents troops
  • minor (peanuts?) splash damage: deal damage + 1 damage on the adjacents troops

I stand corrected – you’re right, I looked at the wrong effect.

More accurate spell description of Cloudstalker.
Her damage range would be from 105 to 210. Yeah… that’s suck.

2 Likes

Helpful Feedback for the devs on troop enjoyment/utility:

:grin::+1:

:angry::-1:

5 Likes

Try hitting them with a newspaper while saying “No! No! Bad dev! Bad design! No!”

They surely hate Wild Plains… I’ll ask Salty tonight why is that so… :thinking:

2 Likes

Well they do have a kickass mythic so someone in the Dev team must like Wild Plains.

2 Likes