OK, so here’s what I’ve tried, all with no effect on the issue.
Let me reiterate, that the issue is the game sometimes crashes on launch the first time I start it, but it always starts successfully on a second try.
- Turned down graphics settings.
- Force closed the game – I do this frequently, at least once a day, anyway (because I’m used to PCs).
- As a rule, the only app I have running simultaneously is the Dark Horse comic book reader – everything else has been force closed. I will try force closing the Dark Horse app as well and see if that makes any difference.
- Turned the iPad off and on again.
- Refreshed the memory, as instructed.
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Note that the iPad appeared to remember my approval for the app and did not prompt me for my AppleID password. My “uninstall” was simply long-tapping the icon and then clicking the x and approving uninstall. I did not shutdown the device before redownloading from the app store (in case that could make some difference).
- Storage on the device is not an issue.
Note that this is a brand new iPad6 that I’ve had for about a month. There are less than a dozen extra apps installed, and the only big ones are Gems of War, Dark Horse Comics and Elder Scrolls Legends.
I would love to send you a log file if I could find one.
Hope this helps progress the detective work.