[More info needed] Wrong troops shown during battle loading screen

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam, iOS, Android

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
During the battle loading screen, a troop is shown, along with its level. This is particularly important in Raid Boss, where it always shows the Raid Boss and their level you’re about to fight. In other game modes, the troop shown used to always be one from the enemy team. This was useful and made a lot of sense. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case in a number of game modes.

Ever since the introduction of the second set of Guardian troops (yes, that long ago), the troop shown during the battle loading screen has frequently not featured in the battle at all, has been pictured with the wrong level and/or ascension, or various other quirks.

I think we are dealing with three separate cases. First, the second set of Guardian troops (and possibly every troops released since then) appear to be linked incorrectly for the purposes of this screen. For example, I believe Heronath may display instead of Persistence.

Second, in Arena, it seems to show a troop from your own team. I can imagine why this might be a technical limitation, but it definitely isn’t as useful as showing one of the opposing troops.

Third, there are other, more random, errors where I can’t see the pattern. Some game modes are only occasionally affected.

Cases 1 and 3 appear to affect PvP, Explore, and possibly Delves, Pet Rescue, etc. I haven’t kept notes on what is and isn’t affected.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Frequently, since the second wave of Guardians came into the game.

Hey Starlite, I’ve been unable to reproduce this issue.

Next time you see it happen can you get a screen grab of the team you end up fighting, let me know the game mode and what time you started the battle?

Sigh. Okay.