[More info needed/investigating] Missing graphics AGAIN: Werehound, iOS

I need to preface this by saying I frelling told you so. The reason I didn’t reinstall the game to fix existing issing troop artwork—a condition which should be self-correcting—was because it’s merely slapping a Bandaid on the problem and doesn’t help diagnose the underlying issue nor correct it for the future.

Platform, device version and operating system:

iOS

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

The troop and spell artwork for Werehound, which was just released, is missing on my iPad. Oddly, in this instance the problem did not happen on my phone.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

This whole saga started March 2023, nearly a year ago. It should have been corrected, and supposedly was corrected for all troops going forward—until today. But it also should be something the game can detect, initiating a re-download of assets it can see are missing.

Can we please finally get a proper fix for this?

1 Like

Hey @LummoxJR I’m sorry you’re still encountering this, I know how frustrated you are at this point.

Bear with me, I have to ask because it’s my job, but I know it’s frustrating to be asked more questions, so I’m sorry:

• Which model is the iPad?
  • Have you gone into the game settings and selected “Download all assets” and the art is still missing?
  • Did you end up reinstalling the game on the iPad after the main set of missing graphics issues we had where the fix required the reinstall?
1 Like

iPad Pro 11" 3rd generation. My phone, which does not have the missing asset, is an iPhone 13. Both are a bit behind on updates, but the iPad is actually ahead of the phone on iOS 16.6 whereas the phone is iOS 16.4.1. So this doesn’t seem to really be tied to the iOS version in any meaningful way.

Yes. The button only works after a software update, and after you use it once it no longer works until the next software update. Instead it says you have all the assets you need, even though you don’t. The button was the first thing I tried, and it gave me the usual message that I have all the assets.

This has been part of my ongoing frustration, because the game should be more than capable of recognizing “Hey, I never got this asset. I should mark it as needing a fresh download.” An advanced menu button to do a fresh download of everything would be an acceptable substitute.

No. Part of the reason was inconvenient timing, but also I knew if I did that I couldn’t test a proper fix should one ever get rolled out. The game really should self-correct missing assets, since the failure to display them is something that should throw red flags and get logged somewhere.