Maybe devs will lose the market in china?

You do have lots of those games there. I’m a huge board gamer with over 3000 games in my collection. Just look for a game shop or game cafe. Bunny kingdom is actually pretty fun.

@Sirrian what type of games do you like?

1 Like

Yeah, you should be able to find these games all over Europe.

1 Like

Yeah, its a very interesting design/font and looks nice! Considering its a cheap ripoff clone 2 guys probably spend a whole day or two coming up with the layout/design…

Name of the game?

Compared to our ui, it certainly is!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you have eldritch horror pan?

Asian culture? No Thank You.

No cute bug eyed anime characters, you already let one slip by and I’m not happy about it. East and West culture doesn’t mix well. If I want Asian style games, I’ll play them, which I do.

1 Like

Worker Placement is my favorite style of game (Lords of Waterdeep, Champions of Midgard, Stone Age, Charterstone), along with the various RPG-in-a-box games (Super Dungeon Explore, Gloomhaven, Mice & Mystics). I’ll play just about anything though :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Yes, I do. It’s not a bad game but not my typical type.

Same here, I love worker placement along with tableau building. If you throw in multi use cards then be still my heart. I just got Charterstone, our group is starting it next weekend.

My favorite games are Caverna, glory to Rome, elysium, la Granja…stuff like that.

It’s bloody complicated!

Ooh. He plays Waterdeep. The plot thickens.

I don’t actually own that one but its good. We’re all about worker-placement over here. Carcassonne*, Viticulture*, picked up Tzolk’in recently, some others. (*: With expansions)

1 Like

I do too much worker placement already IRL…

I like my board games with some bloodshed and ideally dungeons and the odd dragon… Descent 2nd Edition is the main one I’ve been collecting recently…

We also love some Sentinels Of The Multiverse if anyone likes a superhero (coop card game)

And we are so far off topic now…

Do you mean Sir Black Sheep? She’s not anime, she’s just snub-nosed and cross-eyed. And you will be extremely unhappy in the near future.

1 Like

Yeah her, and more to come I’m sure.

I guess our best hope now is some ‘unfortunate’ mistranslation or faux pas gets them banned in China so they abandon silly Asian / Anime themes.

Didn’t they have some panda creature in spoilers named Mao or something? We need more stuff like that lol

Two panda creatures, but only one called Mao. I’m fine with kung-fu Pandas, it’s the cross-eyed creatures with quite problematic anatomy I have problems with.
And enormously-bottomed ladies onna stick.
Also penises in disguise.
This said, the art of this game is over over over the top if compared with any other of this kind.

I will prefer that Shentang would have been a full Panda kingdom, like Urskaya is for bear. Maybe too similar…

But the winged elves could have been another kingdom… Is there any links between China and winged elves?

My apologies for the slight thread necro, holidays and all that.

@Sirrian, as someone who plays Puzzle & Dragons, it surprises me how well the devs there are still able to find ways to implement new board mechanics into a 5+ year old game.

Do games such as Puzzle and Dragons give the Gems team insights and inspirations on new mechanics to implement into this game? Although many of the board mechanics there wouldn’t fit in nicely with Gems, others might have a realistic shot at a variation of them eventually finding their way into this game.

For example, I could see custom dungeon bosses/missions being created (like how the current daily Dungeons bosses are implemented) that use unique one-sided debuffs, such as poison/jammer/debuff orbs + various shield types like in PAD, to add another layer of strategy to the game.

If there’s one concept that PAD does really well, it is that the devs know how to create encounters where finesse will be required and bringing overwhelming damage those encounters are not the solution to a winning match (and can punish players for doing so).

@Sirrian check out Orleans. Its expansion has a co-op mode which is interesting as well.