Maybe devs will lose the market in china?

It looks like the game were copycatted straight from GEMSOFWAR,i think if devs cant release chinese version in time,they will lose much of the chinese market share.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not the first time we have been cloned, and it wonā€™t be the last!

We do think itā€™s very pretty, though.

3 Likes

Wow same color and desing this is crazy

So i guess devs dont attach importance to the Chinese market? :thinking:

Well, they at least were creative with the animals in the banners.

Foxes are usually associated with fire and with the dark arts/subterfuge/trickery = Red/Purple.
Raccoons (tanuki) are also tricksters and strongly connected with the earth = Brown/Purple.
Rabbits are also strongly associated with earth and their fertility is associated with sacred/holy aspects of life = Yellow/Brown.

Also, i think their version of ā€œLutherā€ is more appealing to teach us the basics of the game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I dare @Sirrian to change his avatar into this ladyā€™s face for a week!!!

I lived in China for 3 years to know that this is the style gamers there prefer, over fancy simplified UIs.

1 Like

Quite the oppositeā€¦ weā€™d love to do something with the Chinese market this year - Gems of War is the right style of game, but certainly needs a good amount of culturalization (not just translation) to be a perfect fit.

I think @Saltypatraā€™s main point was that if a team lacks the creative vision to do something original, theyā€™re usually also lacking the creative vision to guide it into successful & interesting placesā€¦ so clones have never worried us too much. If we look back at Puzzle Quest - it had a lot of unsuccessful clonesā€¦ the REALLY successful games were evolutions of that gameplay, like Puzzle & Dragons. (the same way that Puzzle Quest was an evolution of Bejewelled).

20 Likes

oh,i see .thank you for the reply.:smile:

ā€¦And yet, I cannot deny that them having a bunny kingdom is an amazing fact. Because come on, bunny kingdom!
bunnyking

9 Likes

While we canā€™t promise a bunny kingdom, we can say weā€™d like some more Lapinas in the game to join Tezca.

7 Likes

Lapinaaaas looks like Christmas just keeps coming.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s something I would absolutely love! More bunnies make everything better and Wildfolks are right now more a random bunch than a real race. Let the bunnies overrun Krystara! (And honestly, I would love more characters with Tescaā€™s personality, too. She was one of the few storyline characters who didnā€™t depend on the hero to do the work.)

This game seems to be a serious competitor than just a copycatā€¦
Moreover, this game could be a perfect fitting for the chinese marketā€¦
Itā€™s going to be difficult to compete with themā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™s also nice to see how many informations they get on the cards without covering the art.

Iā€™m not chinese, but I donā€™t think they need to have their own mythology spoon-feed to them by a foreign game. Maybe they will like something Western-flavoured, itā€™s so exotic!

1 Like

Two things:

One, GoW isnā€™t doable in China because they canā€™t stand actual skulls in anything. Check out League of Legends, count the skulls. No real skulls, or full-blown skeletons (another no-no).

Two, I can see the Attack / Armor / Life / Magic on that UI waaaaay better than on oursā€¦ maybe they just havenā€™t set the entire team on fire yet.

6 Likes

You gotta hand it to these chineses. That game looks very good.

2 Likes

Side Note: Richard Garfield (creator of Magic: the Gathering) has released a game, Bunny Kingdom. Looks pretty good, and itā€™s on my shortlist of Board Games to acquire!

7 Likes

Itā€™s not a very good clone, it looks like they had an art team.

1 Like

We had a couple of players from China in our guild, brother and sister, very nice and friendly. Unfortunately, neither of them was interested in PvP or GW and they both went MIA at around level 200 after finishing all quests and most of challenges right before the Unity update. IIRC, they used some kind of VPN, donā€™t know the specifics. There were no issues with skulls or anything like that, they both really loved the art and style. Main reason for leaving was that they ran out of content and did not want to go into something more stressful. I tried to explain that PvP is not ā€œreal PvPā€ and there is no penalty for losing but it did not work.

I wish we had such board games in Germanyā€¦ or that I would have someone to play board games with in the first place. Because dang, Iā€™d buy a game named ā€˜Bunny Kingdomā€™ immediately.:open_mouth: