[Mac not supported] GOW occationally go black on MACbook air with M1 chip

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam MAC version on Macbook air with M1 chip, 2020version.

Screenshot or image:
to be posted later

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
The game can be started normally, while after some time (several minutes playing), the game window will go completely black. While the music is still playing.
It happens every time I play on my macbook. the only difference is the time before it goes black.
For PC version it works perfect.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It happens every time I play on my macbook. the only difference is the time before it goes black.

Steps to make it happen again
Just play as normal, it will go black some time (less than 30min)

I didn’t think Gems of War was made playable on Mac OS. Are you using an emulator of some sort?

@awryan I’m not positive on what they are exactly doing, but my guess is that they are using the Apple Steam-streaming capability from a Windows PC. My Mac Mini M1 2020 definitely won’t let me install the game.

~SG

1 Like

Guys, dont go Steam, you may find it in APP store on Macbook and download it for free.
Playable of course.

1 Like

We don’t actually support Mac OS sorry!

I’m not familiar with tech support for Macs, but generally for this sort of issue on PC we would suggest turning the graphics settings to low and checking RAM and CPU usage while the game is running to see if the hardware is handling the game ok or what is causing the issue exactly.

If you receive any error messages you can also let us know as that will help pinpoint the problem (especially if it’s an in game error message rather than a Mac OS error)

1 Like

I just realized maybe I downloaded it from app store and it is designed for ipad. I will check it later tonight.
While the good news is, it is running on my M1 MBA perfectly, no crushing anymore…

Thanks for reply and it seems working perfectly now:)

1 Like