Lyya's artwork!

Good ol’ armor bikinis!

1 Like

Latest, near final. Some day I won’t be this slow…probably…

9 Likes

Pretty much published a cleaned-up version to my tumblr (and to reddit, here – had a personal goal of 400 points, almost made it!).

1 Like

New project:

5 Likes

I want to punch his face already :smiley: He’s a great character, but I always wanted to hit him when he showed up.

1 Like

Cool. Is he carrying a bag of golf clubs?

@Lyya

HI!! Its a really great sketch the pose is very dynamic and you handled the sense of depth really well to make the sword come forward! I also really like the face and detail on the armour!!

I did a really quick little paintover that I hope will help you a little!
The head could be a little bit larger (i’ve scaled it up quickly) without loosing the perspective of the piece and the sword arm is probably a little bit too thick! I thought if you want to show that underarm detail of the armour that curving the sword a little more would give you room to have a good silhouette there and add a little movement as well! Try and tent the other hand a little more by making the digits slightly different lengths as they are in real life and curving that thumb out!

They are all just ideas so feel free to interpret them in your own way!! Let me know if your not comfortable with this type of critique in the future, but I’m happy to provide it when i can!

9 Likes

Woah, awesome! Thanks so much for the detailed feedback! I struggle with perspective still, particularly foreshortening, and so your advice is greatly appreciated. I’ll incorporate it as best I can :slight_smile: Thank you again!

2 Likes

Here is an attempt to address your feedback. I didn’t want to curve the sword because it doesn’t make sense for him (or for the sword golf-bag) but I did change the angle to correct the arm I think. I hope I covered everything else. Please let me know if there are other issues! It’s great to have the scrutiny :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Lyya

No worries! You’ve really tackled those areas well, and with the adjustments I agree the sword is fine as is now! Its looking great and i cant wait to see the finished picture!!

2 Likes

For anyone who cares, I just discovered yesterday that Procreate saves an entire file’s draw history (!). So I did a video of Fordola from line art to final colors and put some music behind it. (I’ve never done any video editing, so I apologize for the simplicity of it!)

7 Likes

Some progress on Zenos, though this one is taking me forever. I keep waffling on the face and hair… :frowning:

8 Likes

I adore the face shading. Your colouring is improving so quickly!

1 Like

Nearing completion. Two weeks on this one…feels like an eternity.

13 Likes

(Pushed to tumblr here and to reddit here in case anyone wants to throw a like :heart:)

2 Likes

Looks amazing @Lyya!

1 Like

Trying my hand at cel shading, which is a lot simpler than smooth/realistic painting. This is the catgirl from way up the thread, as a yardstick for improvement. I’m pretty pleased with the progress.

11 Likes

That’s really cute. I love the personality in the pose.
Nice job on the cel shading as well. I

1 Like

I’m loving all these pics because they’re all characters I love as well XD Looking forward to more!

2 Likes

You love Zenos yae Baelsar?! YOU MONSTER!