Game Art Appreciation Thread

In the wake of some of the negativity surrounding the game’s team lately, I wanted to bring up something that the team has been consistently on point with, especially lately.

The game’s troop art and environments have been a slam dunk lately! It’s been a long time since we’ve had any pieces of questionable quality or sketchy legality, and they look amazing and follow a consistent style.

Here’s just a few of my recent favorites, and I encourage players to post other art as well.

9 Likes

I like Queen Xochi’s art. You say “Fireball”, but looking at it more, I see a yellow haired Dwarf with pink cotton candy stuck in his beard. :blush:

What impresses me is that despite all the changes in the game over time, that the artwork in the game is both diverse and evocative in design at the same time; a quality that I rarely in games these days.

3 Likes

I love a lot of the art in the game, I think MOST of the art is spectacular for the troop. Some of my favorites:
Infernus

Plague

Champion of Anu

Abynissia

Jarl Firemantle

Glaycion

Yao Guai

Let’s not only appreciate the Mythic and Legendary troops though…

Herald of Chaos

Grave Seer’s Ability Dark Vision
Myzmer

Treachery

2 Likes

I think this is my fav out of them all. What an incredible talented artist!

3 Likes

@Denthegod, when I saw your recent topic about Crazed Troll, I thought you might like to see and participate in this thread :blush:

Thanks! This topic is pretty cool! Unfortunately I don’t know how to edit pictures and post them. I remember my first mythic, Scorpius… the artwork is so damn good for him, too.

Here you go buddy!

2 Likes

Thank you, Eika!

I’m a dunsky! I think I figured out the picture thingy

3 Likes

1 Like

There are a lot of great artwork in this game and some of them are already posted so here my picks:

Suna

The Silvermaiden

Lady Ironbeard

Rakshanin

…and all the female fey from Glacial Peaks :sweat_smile: (NOT Frost Archer which is weird)

In addition to the ones you already mentioned like, Lady Ironbeard, Suna, Mother of Darkness, Abynissia…

2 Likes

It’s by far the best monthly event art.

Thank you for posting my favorite Pet. :heart:

That beautiful smile, the arms ready for hugging. So nice.

3 Likes

Sorry to necro the thread, but can we all take a moment to appreciate this troop? :joy:

4 Likes

I didn’t expect cute cuddly little pandas to be so mean.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

We’ve got art for 38 kingdoms, 38 factions, and 1398 troops with 1398 spells, with more every week. I love this game :heart_eyes:

The variety and world-building is so cool. I once thought about using GoW troops as a base for homebrewing D&D enemies because the locations and environments are so varied and creative!

3 Likes

Thanks @NerdieBirdie I shared this with the team :slight_smile:
Sirrian and Nimhain are huge D&D nerds!
Sirrian was working on a Krystaran homebrew as he has lore for everything Krystara.
He also DMs a non-GoW session for the team after work :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Whaaaaat! I would love to see some of Sirrian’s GoW D&D ideas! Such a cool concept!

Y’all playing D&D after works makes my heart happy :blush::joy:

2 Likes

The Hyppo and Sphynx troops these week are very well made. Grats to the artist

2 Likes