Look Alive

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/look-alive/

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Haunted Guardian The Haunted Guardian will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. World Event: The Lost Sword There are 5 battles that players can encounter during the event: Haunted…

5 Likes

Only one type of reward from battles. Highest rarity awards the most points :smile:

Maybe eventually all World events will follow this pattern without any unnecessary mechanics :pray:

15 Likes

Yeah, in general though the scoring system for this event is one of the easiest for players to comprehend. They will always have some kind of random element to try to prevent ties for the power orb.

I guess I should have said “initially,” was just hoping devs would listen to positive feedback about World events :smile:

1 Like

“This week doesn’t suck!” is not exactly a good state for weekly updates to be in… but I’ll take it. For exactly one week.

3 Likes

Explode gems in a 3x3 cross…
Does that mean
(a) explode 5 gems, in effect “destroy”-ing a 5x5 block, but collect 1/2 mana because it counts as explosion? or
(b) explode the middle gem only, but the explosion doesn’t cover a full 3x3 block (9 gems) - only 5 gems?

If it’s (a), why doesn’t it simply say explode a 3x3 block, without the “in a 3x3 cross” bit? i.e. how does it differ from a straight 3x3 explosion (c)?

(a) explode the X's,    (b) only 5 gems         (c) 3x3 explosion
    covers the -'s          affected?               affects 5x5 block
[-][-][-][-][-]         [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]         [-][-][-][-][-]
[-][X][-][X][-]         [ ][X][ ][X][ ]         [-][X][X][X][-]
[-][-][X][-][-]         [ ][ ][X][ ][ ]         [-][X][X][X][-]
[-][X][-][X][-]         [ ][X][ ][X][ ]         [-][X][X][X][-]
[-][-][-][-][-]         [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]         [-][-][-][-][-]

EDIT: So, apparently a “cross” can mean either an “X” or a “+”. So it looks like this takes out 21 gems this way:

(a) explode the "+" style cross
[ ][-][-][-][ ]
[-][-][X][-][-]
[-][X][X][X][-]
[-][-][X][-][-]
[ ][-][-][-][ ]
5 Likes

I don’t even know if its a + or an x, they’re both crosses. I actually was assuming +.

I think it was like Obsidius but instead of a 5x5 just 3x3 (so only 9 gems exploded). Really odd wording that was used imo too

Okay, lol, it’s the + sign; definitely a li’l confusing, but I guess once you’ve used it, you know:

Sorry for the Doomskull.

Realistically, it actually only ‘explodes’ 5 Gems (and the middle one is unnecessary), ‘destroying’ a 3x3 vertical cross area, which you assume would generate 50% of any mana destroyed.

I guess it can make for interesting board manipulations? And obviously generates less mana than a “destroy” spell.

2 Likes

World Event - The Lost Sword

Average Score Requirement to close all reward stages based on a guild of 30 is 18,300 Points per member - based on leader boards this is <placeholder ~battles> (Tier __) (will update as Leader boards populate)

8 Likes

It looks like players have a little bit of agency, more so after 40+ battles than before, to choose better battles. It starts a little Spectral Knight heavy, but by around 70 battles it looks like early leaderboard players have chosen more Grave Seers than Spectral Knights.

The graph below is based on the below scenarios:

• 3s/2k/1g - ratio of 3:2:1 between Grave (S)eer : Spectral (Knight) : Haunted (G)uardian, not taking any Lady (M)orana or (D)eath
  • 3s/2k/1g/m/d - as above, but taking Lady Morana every 4th, and Death every 5th
  • 2s/2k/2g - even ratio of 2:2:2
  • 2s/2k/2g/m/d - as above, taking Lady Morana and Death

Based on early leaderboards, scores approach the 3:2:1 ratio (not quite), but it is observably higher than a 2:2:2 ratio.
I doubt the early leaderboard players would have taken the route of skipping Lady Morana/Death, so according to the graph, at the 72 battles that is required for a fair guild share of 18,300 points, it should be more beneficial to skip Lady Morana and Death.

YMMV.

2 Likes

I created a bug report about HG spell: [Reported] Haunted Guardian Spell - Wrong Wording (under Android) . The bug shows under Android, on PC/Steam everything looks well.

16th November - World Event -Daemon’s Treasure
Average Score Requirement to close all reward stages based on a guild of 30 is 18,300 Points per member

• based on leader boards this is ~71 battles (Tier 2)

Really? A Knight restricted event, and we can’t use Sir Quentin Hadley?

11 Likes

~There is not a single troop available with legendary base rarity~ :expressionless:

There are just two troops available with legendary base rarity :expressionless:

Queen Ysabelle and Lady Morana are both legendaries

3 Likes

Ysabelle was one of my first legendary troops and I used her sooo much when I first started. I’ll definitely be trying to work her into a team this week for nostalgic reasons.

4 Likes

i use 3 ysabelles in my team, lol

i used her a alot and preferred her before the nerf (when damage dealt was after attack boost)…

now seems bit slow, but propably useful for this event i guess (although spell damage is not boosted by medals i’d assume?)

This week event medals boost both spell and skull damage.

Ysabelle’s cast, however, does not count as spell damage

what

1 Like