Extended World Event rewards but no double scoring

@Kafka, can you please explain how this is supposed to work? You guys have increased the rewards but unlike other guild events, have not added double scoring of any kind to help players to achieve those rewards. Level 12 is way out of line.

30 Likes

I would also like an explanation. This is the second week in a row that I have to ask my players to buy tier 5 just to finish an event. Leaderboard shows a need for around 100 fights to get enough points.
We have been an event focussed guild and finished every event for years now. We used to take pride in that and every now and then one of us went all out to make leaderboard.
But now we are losing players because they have to choose between RL obligations and obligations towards their guild. Making exceptions for members because of RL is becoming difficult because it means the rest of us have to spend even more time on events.
Giving us a tier 5 event every few weeks is ok in my opinion but 2 weeks in a row is just too much. Too much time I have to ask players to invest.

20 Likes

I would also like to know what the Developer mentality on this one is.

3 Likes

“Oh sh!t, we didn’t think this one through, what do we do now?”

“Chuck them 50 gems and some BS explanation and they’ll forget about it soon enough…” :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

And here is the disappointing response - scroll down or see below

KafkaCustomer Experience

1h

World Event info:

I’ve raised the request for World Event scoring to be included in game again and used this week’s World Event as an example of the scoring not being obvious.

Regarding the Reward Tiers

I’ve asked about having 16 Reward stages with no Event captain score bonus for this event.
The scoring was set taking this into account:

Tier 12 should be achievable with roughly the same amount of effort as usual.
Tiers 13-16 are for Guilds who want to do more in the event.

The answer for me is a slap in the face for normal guilds.
Prior to the change the best rewards were achievable by a “normal active” guild.
What do they get for stage 12 now:

• a chrystal token that is worth nothing if you stop at stage 12
  • a “title” that is worth nothing
  • a Major orb of chaos: OK

But all high value rewards like 7 Shiny Keys, Cursed Runes, Dragonite and even an Orb of Minions are reserverd for the morst active guilds
that’s really a bad joke

That is really ripping apart guilds as very active members now will seek for top guilds to get all rewards

13 Likes

I do not know why are you surprised. At the moment I have read the release notes I knew this was intended to force players into buying gems.
With underspire in the game, more frequent ToD, more reward stages, the goal is to make it impossible for even the high end players to do all events with free gems.
An endgamer maybe can collect 500-700 gems a day, if they spend all their waking moment in the game. A less developed player can get much less.
It is just impossible to keep up with free gems, or you have to cut out some events.

3 Likes

Of course they want us to spend gems.
But A) the carrot isn’t very good, especially for WE
and B) people still need to have the time to play enough to even justify spending, and with the event restrictions and everything taking so long, there not a given.

Now you could say, well, there’s the headstart and heroic booster - sure but they’re way too expensive and don’t help nearly as much as they should for that asking price.

Overall, it’s a little delulu

5 Likes

This amount is very delusional even for PC/Mobile players who have access to the game at work.
I myself as an end gamer average about 28 gems per tribute and that would take 18 (out of possibly 24) tributes to even reach the lower end of your statement.

6 Likes

For some parts of the game I consider myself “at the end”, but the 500-700 gems a day is hard to achieve (if you’re involved with the outside world). With a 30+ gem average per hour you’d need 17h (= 510 gems) of actively collecting hourly tributes. For the 0.1% of players that this may be true I feel no envy. Those players “earned” this status they’re in now with approx years of actively playing. Can’t expect a 2 month old level 230 acc to “earn the same amounts” or “only insignificantly less”. Even years ago this game was not designed like “play 2 weeks and be at the top of everything”.
Consitently play and you won’t have problems with gems - that’s a reasonable statement.
I was once back on just maybe 200gems and now I’m back at 30k gems (only). Just don’t overpay in shop tiers. :slight_smile:

I’d still say it is 100% possible to keep up if you’re playing since a while, if you have a certain level of activity and a guild that compliments your needs. I’m part of a guild to finish all event rewards. You get a fixed amount of gems through weekly epic tasks which roughly fits the cost of the weekly event in shop tiers x30 to finish all rewards. I have days I only quickly collect some rewards on pc and/or mobile, and don’t do any additional explore matches. Just maybe good adventure board stuff or a perfect run dungeon.
Not playing underworld, aside of f2p, will save you up to 1k gems per week. :slight_smile:
And otherwise planning ahead with the personal weekly events and costs does the trick.

Oh, I never bought gems in the game. I could in theory still get the first purchase bonus in the shop which would still lead to a ridiculously underwhelming amount of gems for such high cost.

But as I said, the trick just is to find a guild that fits your activity level and that works well together. Like with this week, we’re currently debating if we should really aim for reward 16, we most likely will, but overall we most likely won’t be doing that if it means giving the devs a free pass if they’re only able to do scott steiner math… (and maybe even deliberately try to push for that, just to see how far the players are willing to spend). Honest mistakes? Well, there’s just too many “honest mistakes” going on since the last 2-3 years “to be honest”.

7 Likes

Okay, my estimation was abit exagerated on purpose. I wanted to point out that even a nolifer endgamer runs out of gems pretty fast.

1 Like

this “nolifer” as you describe it should by your theory still find a way to earn those 500+ gems a day or close to it, leading up to 3500+ gems weekly on the low end that you estimate. otherwise it wouldn’t really be a nolifer.

nearly impossible to go broke with that “income” if you’re not doing a 1man guild or wildly participate for underrewarded top1 leaderboard positions. you have 20 daily gems incoming with minimal play, you get some small calendar rewards, you can with some events like on thursday earn a few 0 investment gems through playing. depending on how much gold you play in you can even exchange gold to open keys and get more gems out of the loot. not a awesome return rate, but hey, what else to do with high gold amounts if your goal is “more gems”, right?

you just can’t go broke with such “income” if you play reasonable and with the help of a guild that complements your playstyle and where the workload is shared equally to benefit everyone of the 30 players.

if you play vault event “a bit more active” compared to your usual playstyle you can additionally “collect” through the vault key rewards.
play active during vault weekend, relax for four weeks, repeat. That’s obviously just one formula, but one that as of now still works until they further nerf vault key rewards down (or due to downwashing the odds by introducing new crappy orbs noone needs).