Day of the Jakal

Originally published at: Day of the Jakal – Gems of War

New Epic Troop: Jakal the Guardian Jakal the Guardian will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. World Event: The Sapphire Light There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event:…

2 Likes

Hurray for an event with point-scaling! That said, and this looks eerily like the Swansong event. Likely just a copy paste error.

Will probably be corrected by reset but am making it known since we need the correct info on forums to do the event.

Fixed now, thanks :grinning:

7 Likes

Feel free to keep it at a Tier 2 requirement though.
Instead of doubling the tiers due to other errors done by shoddy work.

2 Likes

They just ninja edited the post.

3 Likes

So now that instructions can usually be broken down prior to an event start based on Rarity. You’re using 2 troops that have no rarity for the players.

Jesus. I’ve watched sports teams lose on purpose. It’s much sadder to see a video game tank on purpose.

3 Likes

Fine by me. I’m just happy it’s fixed, still scales and now resets.

3 Likes

I hope we can craft Haunted Tower.
We already know “Ultimate Doom” from TOD events.
I assume they are mythics.

1 Like

Just realized Haunted Tower is a special from Halloween Invasions.

Never mind, I mixed stuff up (but I’ll leave it here :wink:).

So…

• DDT (Doom, Dragon, Tower)
  • Never Mind King (Necrezza and Morterra avoid the King)

But Doom(ed) Tower will be worth more if levels get higher while for the others we pick the lowest level as scores won’t increase with difficulty.

So after the 1st fight is won the Haunted Tower will be worth the same as the Bone Dragon and after the 2nd is won it will be worth more. Right?

So it’s actually

• Down To Bone (Doom, Tower, Bone Dragon)
  • Never Mind King (Necrezza and Morterra avoid the King)

?

Got it… I think… Totally easy. So much fun. Yay. :roll_eyes:

(ETA: I didn’t get it. :joy:)

1 Like

Just to make sure:

Spiritual Energy is worth 5 points or 3 points?

Always pick lowest level of a specific fight. When devs say “As the battles against X get harder, they will increase the amount of Y given by 25%.”, what they really mean is the more you have done of X, the more Y it gives. So, if there are two Dooms on the map, whichever you pick will give the same reward. Their level doesnt natter. The only thing that matters is how many Doom fights you previously did.

But, ultimately, you are overthinking it. :wink: Though I agree, this isnt fun. Even though Tower doesn’t start out good, it eventually will be, so, prioritize it over Bone Dragon.

The priority order is:
-Doom
-Tower
-Bone Dragon
-Necrezza = Morterra
-King

Edit: just reread the rules and only one Doom will appear on the map at a time. Meh, leaving my explanation because it holds true for all world events where there can be duplicates.

5 Likes

Day of the Jakal, doesn’t offer as much as the original; at least that was entertainment.

Yeah, I was mixing the first information with the updated one so I ended up with that confusing thing up there. :sweat_smile:

It’s not as complicated as I thought because of that confusion.

Never noticed that all give the higher reward even if one is lower. Probably because I always picked the higher as that would be what would make sense, the higher one giving more rewards. I’ll keep that in mind for the next event that applies to, thanks. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Really???

The official news states that each Spiritual Energy is equal to 5 pts, while Taran’s Web Site says 3pts.
Guess who is right?

2 Likes

Is the new Mythic this week The Salty Potato Chips?

What’s going on with each spiritual energy giving 3 points Instead of 5? Am I missing something?

Ingame description says 3pts, so I’d assume that author of the official post has screwed up and it has slipped past their thorough checking and QA process.

6 Likes

Maybe the author watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail while writing the announcement and got confused?

What do the reward thresholds look like, geared towards Spiritual Energy worth 3 points or 5 points?

1 Like

3 I think, thankfully

Also QA process lol :joy: