List of Quality of Life Improvements

Welcome to Arcanum, enjoy your NPC companion who is the water to your fire, and will keep pouring water on you when you’re hurt.

1 Like

I thought I suggested this before, but I don’t see it.

Event chest contents should be listed in game. Possibly in the “news” tab, but otherwise on the chest screen.

Probably not suitable for this list:
as gem keys are to event keys
gold keys are to… new key type I want to have. I can “force” the new kingdoms towards 5 stars, but the common troops are oddly much harder to come by.

1 Like

Good call on the Event Chest. Can’t believe it wasn’t already in there!

1 Like

Show banners in combat.

Allow armor to be changed on the “pre-combat” screen.

2 Likes

sorry for the mess Studs but my improvement idea (19) was on the list for a long time (at 10) :worried:

but i have another one: why if there is only one move possible, the game doesn’t show it automatically? i catch the idea with hint delay when there are plenty of moves and suggested one doesn’t exactly meet with the best play, but if there is only one that makes no sense.

plus it would be also working as a warning about posibility of jumble the board after your turn

1 Like

The hint timer has a slight delay so it doesn’t annoy people that are trying to find the moves for themselves, not b/c it takes time to calculate. Personally, I don’t like the hints at all as it usually makes a bad suggestion. It can even lead to the allusion that the hints are working against you trying to set you up for failure (a complaint I’ve seen on Steam).

1 Like

When you cast a spell and select an enemy to target, the game commits to the spell cast even if you roll your mouse cursor off and then let go of the mouse button.

I feel that this should be changed so that the game only commits to the target if the mouse cursor is still over the target when the mouse button is released.

This behavior would be intuitive as it is consistent with standard UI principles. Generally speaking, clicks should never commit to an action unless the mouse button press and the mouse button release occur over the same interface element.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what the interface equivalent would be for mobile and console players. On console, I have to press a combination of two buttons to select the spell and then a third to commit. Even with that, there are times when I wish I could back out at the target selection stage (which is already #5 under Combat in the list).

1 Like

I just thought my concept would be something that might be implemented more quickly or at least as a stop-gap measure, as I can make a scientific case for it by bringing up interface design concepts.

1 Like

Just want to make sure I fully understand what you’re saying: For you to cast a spell, you move your mouse over the troop that you want to cast, then click the mouse. If there is a target to choose (either a mana gem or an opponent troop, you then have to go and click that target and that completes the process?

Right now, the game takes it as final when you depress, rather than release, the mouse button? and you’d like it to make sure that the item that is selected is the same when the button is both pressed and released? That would make sense to me, but I don’t have a solid frame of reference as I don’t game a lot with a mouse these days and don’t remember how these things tended to work back when I did.

1 Like

Yes, Krudler is referring to this (from Microsoft’s UX guidelines, other operating systems have similar ones):

**Have clicks take effect on mouse button up.** Allow users to abandon mouse actions by removing the mouse from valid targets before releasing the mouse button. For most mouse interactions, pressing a mouse button only indicates the selected target and releasing the button activates the action. Auto-repeat functions (such as pressing a scroll arrow to continuously scroll) are an exception.
7 Likes

This is why I never question Lyya.

She knows everything.

2 Likes

I thought that’s what I was saying, but no matter. I’m sure the devs would understand what Krudler is talking about.

1 Like

You’re right, I think I short-circuited upon reading your post. Sorry!

1 Like

I was reading that MSUX stuff and thinking “That’s exactly what I thought - what am I not understanding here?” No worries.

On console, everything is very sequential, so there is no parallel to his issue.

And now that you edited your post to agree with me, I can finally give you that “like” you always wanted.

1 Like

Yeah you got it right :slight_smile:

I re-read your post, sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

a some of the issues are dealt with outside the game using ashtender like #11.

Added to the list!

1 Like

Don’t know if this has been mentioned before but how about rotating guild task rewards randomly? At present, green statue is lagging far behind in my guild because no one wants treasure maps. If the rewards spun round randomly every week this would lead to more balance in statue levels.

Thoughts?

In the troop screen. if you click on of the troops on the “your teams” side it should auto go to that troop on the right side where all your troops are.

1 Like