Legends Reborn - Shentang

I’m just surprised that it’s not supplemented with a callout indicating that it’s a $1600 value.

3 Likes

As insane as it sounds, you may be underestimating the “value”.
If we strictly assume, that a book is worth 50 deeds, a deed costs 150 gems, and you can get 10-15 gems per US-Dollar, those four books could be claimed to be worth 2-3k on their own already (and that’s before factoring in crystals and souls)…

Something about this game has gone awfully wrong. Or right, if you are on the developer end of things.

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean, yes $80 is ridiculous but it’s not JUST the pet. The last tier has an Orb of Power, for instance, and while those have been devalued since GAP they’re still rare.

GAP devalued everything. Diamonds, gems, Orbs of Power, Gold. Everything. You can literally play the minimum each week and only play during gnome weekends and farm GAPs and fund yourself for the next month - till it rolls around again. In a sense, it’s good - in another sense - it’s awful. There’s literally no other reason to play the other weeks.

1 Like

It did seem more legible to me too, but I may be misremembering how it appeared last time.

Also looks like the various “antagonist drawn over hero” rendering bugs from the previous event were fixed.

I think you forgot to add something to known issues:

Ridiculous overpricing

• Huanglong’s Foal – This pet will buff the stats of Huanglong. It can be earned by purchasing the Premium Reward Track

But hey it is fine with me, I am not even remotely tempted to buy it.

My one complaint about these is that 25 battles is so ridiculous, especially because we have to repeat the same 25 battles every 2 days. My god. It’s so boring. It’s worse than Bounty Hunter.

14 Likes

Legends Rebor(i)n(g)

I don’t mind so much doing the battles but don’t need to see the comics in between every time :sleeping:

17 Likes

This is boring, ugly and repetitive. STOP IT!

10 Likes

If you really want to make this repetitive event a new thing in your game, at least do it properly.

Use it as an opportunity to refine your early game quest line battles, one kingdom at a time.

Gameplay wise, make some meaningful team as opponent to teach new players how to make teams, rather than randomly generated enemies that probably mana block each other.

Story wise, make the encountered enemy more fitting to the story line, and introduce epic, legendary or even mythic troops of the kingdom, instead of random troops that has nothing to do with the story.

Let’s use this one as an example:
You have sages and guardians of the four winds that are clearly from Chinese mythology. The East Dragon is Penglong himself, that we know at the end of quest line. Why is the West Tiger not Baihu, but some random Rakshanin? How about introduce Wu Hao, Tuliao, Sifu yuan, Moshu? How about introduce the pandas and monkeys and their relation with the Shentang kingdom? How about making a proper Tai-pan + Yao Guai team as the final boss?

You are not making any meaningful changes in this event, not even the most obvious ones like Baihu. It’s not a lot of work, just change some number in the team code, definetely less work than remaking the quest line comic style.

This shows that your motivation is simply to introduce more ways to get money (costly pets), not to make the game better.

6 Likes

Hey all,

Those Pets are currently available in Pet rescue pool now, also the simplified Chinese translations should be updated and available within the next 24 hours.

2 Likes

Can anyone post confirmation if they see one of the new pets in a pet rescue, or on discord, or whatever? I wouldn’t expect them to appear for 4 more weeks.

Last event they weren’t obtainable until weeks after their release date, and Kafka had to triple check to get a straight answer.

1 Like

If they would just lower some prices they would make a lot more money. Not from me but yeah…no one tempted at $80 but if it was $35 or something it would make more in the end

2 Likes

So, has anyone seen these pets in rescues yet?

I assume the same, since last time with such a paid event it also was announced like this at some point and also wasn’t the case.
@Jeto

2 Likes

Hey all,

I’ve followed up with the team and we’ve straightened this out.

Originally, it was intended that the Pets from Legends Reborn events be available 4-5 weeks after the event ends. However, there was an issue that meant that the Pets would be available immediately. This bug wasn’t considered a high priority so we left it in and let you all know the Pets would be available immediately.

As we all know now, they aren’t available immediately.

It turns out, one of the programmers read that it wasn’t intended and during our bug-fixing period for the Legends Reborn update, they very helpfully grabbed this one along with some other bugs and fixed it. As it was more of a tools issue being fixed before the live update, there was some miscommunication and we hadn’t realised it was fixed so the Pets would be available after 4-5 weeks, rather than immediately.

We’re sorry for miscommunicating about the release date of the Legends Reborn Pets into the Pet Gnome drop pool twice now. That is entirely on us.
This has been communicated with the team now and we’re all on the same page. In the future, this will also be communicated correctly in the Legends Reborn blogs.

5 Likes

As a fellow programmer, I say someone buy that staffer a beer for thinkin outside the tickets. Don’t usually see that!

1 Like

Thanks for the info, Jeto.

Should we remind someone specific in four to five weeks after the event ends to not forget to put those pets in?

2 Likes

However, after two weeks, you hadn’t fixed any of the Legends Reborn bugs, and I still didn’t get any Baihu’s cub.

1 Like

I thought this was going to happen. I’m saying I thought this was going to be the point, sad though it isn’t… wait did I read here somewhere someone calling this L.R. thing ugly? That’s funny :laughing::rofl:

Hopefully this changes… I hope. :neutral_face: