Legendary Task Rewards

That is unfortunate.

3 Likes

We should all get a copy of Xathenos. Why should only some people benefit from a bug. Doesn’t seem fair.

4 Likes

So you removed the extra glory that some ppl got through a bug, you changed the one troop exploit, but is ok to keep Xathenos through a bug…GG

I`m pretty sure that if Xathenos where a troop that you can only get with gems he will be removed ASAP from the guys that got him for free or with gold.

7 Likes

Please reconsider this.

4 Likes

Are you kidding me? I’m with everyone else on this. If it hit your bottom line they would have already lost it. You and the devs contempt for this community baffles me.

You don’t want to take it? Fine, then leave it in for the rest of us.

Are you working on another game and are hoping to kill this one, because that’s the only way this dumbass decision makes any sense.

6 Likes

They fixed a bug and didn’t rip the reward away from the few people that got lucky. Why so much outrage? They’ve done this many times before and it seems both no different and totally reasonable. Are they supposed to rip it away from everyone that got it and give them all a mythic they don’t want? How is that fair to those people?

Guess you can’t please everyone…

11 Likes

I’m sorry, I really should feel sorry for them. We have got 4 mythics on LT’s, all of which I didn’t need. And now the rest of us get to spend a ton of resources to get the card they were just handed. But yeah…I would feel terrible taking a card they never should have received in the first place away.

5 Likes

As someone with a Xathenos, Im happy for the people that they got Xathenos in a Guild Task and get to keep it. (they earned it, not their fault it was in the drop pool).

However, I’m quite disappointed about how Xathenos has been handled. A mythic troop that’s supposed to be special crafted has been seen as a normal craft (fixed) and found in both Path to Glory II and Legendary Guild Tasks. What’s done has been done, but this really should have been taken care of before it ever happened in the first place.

This disappointment also extends to the state of this current update. What should have been awesome new features has been overshadowed by very silly bugs (multiple 1 time casters (The Great Maw), Impervious), longer load time per match (near instantenous vs a few seconds in Explore over a course of thousand matches adds up), and a overzealous amount of nerfing across the board.

I’m not stating that the game return to the good old days, but at the same time, it shouldn’t be to the point that the previous update can be seen as nostalgia already.

4 Likes

They have taken away mythics that were not suppose to drop before and Replaced them with a different mythic.

2 Likes

And people haven’t had to spend tons of resources on keys just for a CHANCE to get a RANDOM mythic?? I guess the soulforge is unfair to all of us who had to bust our butts for the mythics we’ve acquired because now anyone can just snag the one they want when it rotates into the forge?

Please get some perspective. Sure it sucks that I have to craft xathenos if I want him and they don’t. It is what it is. Imagine that - in a game where rewards are based on random luck someone got luckier than you and me. Not really much different than me spending thousands of keys to get an event mythic when someone else hits it in their first batch of 50 keys…

Why not give the crafters their resources back. Evrrybody happy.

Come on, there are only 31 players concerned by this lucky drop… And the troop is meh…

Because the troops were officially unreleased so it should not be possible to have this troop. Here it’s “only” not possible to drop this troop.

1 Like

Meh or not, I’d be ecstatic if I could pull him from legendary task.

1 Like

If I got to keep the glory from the glory bug I’d be set for life. I would literally spend hours a day opening glory chests. It would have become its own mini game for the 91 of us that were affected.

It was actually eerily like a scene from my upcoming novel. In the end money itself is something we made up too.

Here’s a picture for those that don’t know what the glory bug was. Back in the day gowdb had access to show how many keys and other resources. I miss that. It gave a nice resource dashboard.

3 Likes

Once again, I have to wonder at the testing process at work. The troop was evidently intended to be crafting-only. There are no other troops that behave this way; thus some testing is in order. Any sensible automated test plan would have had test cases for both LT and Path of Glory that looked like:

Repeat 10,000,000 times:
  Simulate a LT completion / PoG completion
  If reward includes Xathenos, failure
Success

I think they made the right decision to not yank a reward away from a few players who got it (imagine the backlash that would engender) but the fact remains that this sort of issue should never have happened in the first place.

4 Likes

After having eagerly waited for several months we have finally had our 4th mythic in a LT today.
We are now the happy owners of 2 Plagues and 2 Wars.
:sob:

6 Likes

yes thats what i was thinking the whole time since this bugs and glitches apeared
the want us to quit this game for there new one

1 Like

Our guild had 12 LT last week. That consisted of Dracos, Shaggra, Summer Imp. x6 Arcane Beast, forest. x5 runic magic. 200 glory, 32 glory keys, 22 gem keys, 15 event keys. SAD. To top it off those keys when used produced straight garbage. Wtg :unamused:

2 Likes

The thing is I need like 2 different arcanes because all the others I have 100 plus but never get those 2 I need! I don’t need them for an important troop so the few of those I have I save because if not I will get an important troop with no arcanes for it! I have maybe 7 or 8 troops not fully traited because of this!

1 Like

yes and i was expecting them to do the same with Xathenos.

1 Like