Leaderboard tie/rigging

Ask yourself which is harder to pull off and/or replicate:

• Deciding money is no object and just buying sigils until you outspend everyone else.
  • Convincing several other players in a video game to collaborate with you.

Keep in mind this almost never happens on PC/Mobile, where we have some of the biggest, proudest, best-at-the-game-according-to-them blowhards. So if someone does something every week, and almost nobody has done the other thing…

1 Like

I’ll take your word for it. I just know once in bounty I was tied for 97 but listed at 10%, and didn’t feel like fighting anymore. It’s possible I got the rewards, and also possible 97 thru 100 did more battles before reset.

I’ve been spending too much time on forums lately, and not enough time in the field. Don’t go bashing all the Elves, save some for me. :blush:

24,771 Honorable kills. (I’ve lost track of all the dishonorable ones). Good luck to all in next week’s GW event. I need to focus on defensive preparations now. Chunky out. :+1:

Not exactly enlightening contribution of the century, but nevertheless, there is no jealousy or sour grapes, and people are certainly not ‘winning’ if they are colluding to rig a contest so multiple people tie for 1st place.

Lets all just do this instead :thinking:

I personally find this a worse abuse of the game than the old ‘use of mixer for gw’ debate, but I guess that is subjective depending which guild you are in. Let it begin…………………

I sometimes wonder if I am the only one who sees the elephant in the room when it comes to this. The game’s economy is tightly controlled. What’s extra here and now is less later for everyone. If 10 per orbs go out, when one is intended, everyone else gets punished with reduced reward rates.

Gnomes are easily adjustable, as we have seen, and the easiest to take away.

Make what you will off it. The publisher wants to see lower reward rates and higher income across the board, and I’ll bet they hate this player base and blame the devs when the community finds a way to pull more out than intended.

Valraven towers and offsetting the timing of valraven appearances have both failed to prevent ties from happening. But they are trying.

Any xbox player of repute is free to ask to join a tie.

2 Likes

Probably a little easier to have one of the people in the tie contact the person that they are afraid that is going to break the tie.

When I first noticed these ties, I was in a similar boat yo the OP thinking it was broken and would upset the ingame economy. Once it was clear the devs were fine with it and wouldn’t punish the whole, I was fine as the participants were putting in their time and resources after all.

While Zuul is definitely not worth the $400 price tag, at the least for the $ value per the devs, tieing is far more expensive. Even if it was say, 3000 gems to hit a tie, basically each player “spends” $200 of resources before any discount or bonus to maybe get one orb of power.

From this perspective, why would the devs change it as @Slypenslyde has pointed out. If the players used stored gems, they whittle down a stash even just a bit. If players buy gems, they either spend more, or go with the more rational option of buying power orbs in flash offers.

Since the minimum tie threshold to deter the rogue wolf from nabbing the power orb is pretty high, often hitting thousands of gems, the house literally has to do nothing as the players make their job easier.

The ironic downside is this could be quite discouraging to a new or mid game player, but with so much else to do, I guess not as many care as one would guess.

Honestly the lengths people will go for a guaranteed power orb shows such a dismal outlook on the chaos orb system in general. However, the devs were quite happy with the current system.

Why do I feel going up the corporate ladder to find the responsible party for these whaling practices, I’d find a bunch of eskimos?

4 Likes

This tying shit is getting out of control. :grin:

Is that person THE Sirrian?:scream:

I would assume so since his guild is named “Sparkle Ponies”. :rofl: