[Known Issue] Bans for Everyone?

Yes, I think it continues to spread like an epidemia. We may call this “banvid-22” (Ban virus disease 2022).
AI is infected and it spreads the disease randomly among GOW players.

3 Likes

This calls for a Major white orb.

Yup seems like he broke Christmas

Banvid-22 is still spreading. I see more and more messages telling “This is the last straw, I quit”
If it goes on like this, devs won’t see anyone in 2023.

2 Likes

What !! You ban for treasure maps?? the Treasure Maps I have more than 17,000 sleeping! I don’t do it, it’s so long and useless!! wake up devs…

yesterday opened treasure maps in manual mode, moving coins - today came the ban.

Insulting

2 Likes

Lol, agreed, hope youre doing well bud. Merry christmas.

I was just banned… And I am the guild leader… What happens to my guild and my place as leader?

Another of my guild members was just banned, so this is still happening. Don’t use Kris Krankle or you will be auto-banned.

1 Like

not even using this new troop, still got banned, nice

1 Like

8 Likes

Not having Kris Krinkle yet; but i have been banned too. I play GoW for years now & i really like the game. I never did anything that is near from “hacking” (which is the reason that is given on the ban popup) , so i would really be happy to get my account restored asap. I suppose this might be the effect of some bug on the account management system, since this ban seems to be “massive” and “uncontrolled” . Nevertheless , it’s the worst christmas present i ever received in a game :wink:

3 Likes

Nothing, don’t worry. I got banned and unbanned and guild is still there and I’m still the leader.

You need to turn off the auto-ban.

According to the information you guys gave us, bans aren’t supposed to be automated but need review by two people.

So what’s even up with that?

8 Likes

The fact that this wasn’t Step One in handling this crisis while they sort out causes et al, says so much about IP2’s crisis-handling skills.
:person_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

So Tacet got banned on live stream, and it apparently didn’t involve Kris.

10 Likes

Yeah, but he was using Kris a ton on stream yesterday. Could it be a delayed response to that?

Possible, it’s supposed to have some kind of review not just immediate banhammer.

According to their website bans could happen at any point after what the bot found to be an issue.

Doesn’t have to be directly after. So who knows.

That those auto bans still happen is baffling.

There certainly is no person reviewing this or they wouldn’t still ban people.

So either it’s another thing that was untrue or they set something up for the holidays (and didn’t think it through).

Or their bot gained sentience (I highly doubt that but with gow you’ll never know :joy:).

2 Likes