[Known Issue] Bans for Everyone?

It is hilarious that when “mistakes” in favor of the player (remember the blessed Thursday with his verse) - it is solved within two to ten hours…

When it is to the detriment of the player - they drag and drag and drag and drag, no one comes to resolve them, saying that the players are too greedy, let them suffer…

8 Likes

Unfortunately, I didn’t use Kris for any battles and I was incorrectly banned. It gets worse, my PVP scores and activity tokens were cleared. I need a Reasonable explanation and adequate compensation.

1 Like

I’m afraid to even log in…I figure if im banned going into Christmas that there is zero chance someone comes in to fix it…

1 Like

Anyone that uses Twitter…should honestly tweet at 505 asking them if they are aware of how one of their properties is being handled …along with examples including this recent one

1 Like

The most valuable rewards are Gems and Gem Keys … given that the actual gameplay is run clientside and only the results get validated by the cloud server, I wouldn’t put it past someone with no standards to try to claim extravagant rewards from a given run.

My hypothesis is how the spell generates 2 Treasure Maps per cast. This is literally the first ever spell that can yield a result of “# treasure maps > # spellcasts”, which (prior to Kringle) would be patently impossible.

I’m fine with the spell generating a Treasure Map, but it should be 1, not 2.

For me the amount shouldn’t be a problem. It could be 1000 it shouldn’t be a problem. Lift the cap level. Design the AI to recognize the numbers. I’m content with 2.

For every added number, the amount of possibilities should be recognized. Having 1 map wouldn’t make a difference, if the AI doesn’t recognize the numbers, it’s gonna read it as a hack.

Most gaming companies do this with their system. If for some reason things work differently with GOW, then we’re screwed either way. The spell is fine the coding is screwed.

5 Likes

I was thing mkre like the Kris Kringle Katastrophe maybe we could just use the initials… He was dreaming of a white christmas maybe i dont know…

2 Likes

@Nimhain you mentioned that you will share more information today when you hear more but it had been more than 13 hours since your last post and the only thing we get (it seems) is that more and more players are banned.

Take a look at the Taran if you don’t see this on your end, this is now affecting thousands of players and hundreds of guilds.

Any chance to at least get more frequent updates?

Thanks!

List from Taran - at least 50 guilds are impacted (at negative trophies right now), potentially more.

4 Likes

Finally got unbanned (took over 40 hours)… Still missing all the trophies removed during the ban [about 70k worth of trophies], so hoping they’ll be returned – has cost our guild about 25+ lost ranking levels

2 Likes

Well, got unbanned… but the 70k trophies the Banning Bug penalized me with still hasn’t been returned… all the Hellstones I had earned in the “Something Impressive” Guild even are still missing… all my Krinklemas crystals are gone… and there were a lot of battles I couldn’t complete because of the disruption [which also meant not being able to earn enough keys to go after the unique troop available this weekend]

UPDATE: The Guild Event “Something Impressive” returned to the correct Hellstones after playing a round… Crystals were missing even after trying another Krinklemas event… Trophies still missing… all my PVP stats are back to zero (haven’t returned) even after playing a PVP round

2 Likes

It seems like a Halloween event, not a holiday event.

2 Likes

What a year it was, that’s how Santa came

Xmas day, every year my guild decides to break a “Legendary Tasks” record… Because of the banishment I will lose more than 200 TL’s ( 300 ?? )

The advantage: I don’t have to send legendary tasks to the others ! :sweat_smile:

Merry Xmas to all… :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

merry christmas everyone im still banned

Still as well. Is there anyone unbanned this day or nothing could expected before tomorrow ?

Have people been unbanned/reinstated today.?

Yes, I was unbanned this morning (EST).
Just make sure you’re submitting a request and selecting “appeal a ban” as the type:
https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

3 Likes

Woke up hoping that the ban would be gone for Xmas morning.
No luck :face_holding_back_tears::sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

i just got unbanned yay

2 Likes

I was already unbanned yesterday, i was just curious, to see if they were putting a shift in to sort our the mess.