[Investigating] Incorrect GW Scores

lost the bracket for a bug, is not correct

That time of the month again, sadly.

I have checked BD and PG actual data so theirs 1st:

BD - Despite out impressive win on Yellow day (260,021) we had a bugged score. 1st fight for the day, 3278, was not counted, recorded per fight scores to confirm, API showing 6,358 for the day with the 5 wins. Before someone asks, yes 24 unique troops. This dropped down to our bottom 3 fights, costing us 82 points. Not much, but its still bugged.

PG - Green day, they had 1 of their players scores not counting, getting a 7,808 with 5 wins, dropping 1,658 points which assumes 4th or 5th fight for the day for that player.

Thankfully both of these did not effect the rankings.

Due to lack of data, I do not have complete data for B3 or below, but I believe that 30 seconds 2 match was bugged as well in b4, thankfully not effecting their ranking.

Ok, now the general bugs, again I do not have access to their individual fight data, so I can only provide amounts. If the guilds want to look for the bug themselves in their own fights, I can help with that if they would like.

Bracket 1:

BD - 82
Na Rass - 1,300
Knights - 1,493
PG - 1,658
Anon - Not bugged. Tarans has old data due to late finisher lol
TBH - 1,388

The other 3 guilds in B1 either did not have a bug, OR the bugged score was not going to be counted anyway.

Bracket 2:

kcv - 6,054 (as posted above in the thread) Thankfully did not stop them coming 2nd, and did not effect their ranking.
YaRebel - 27
Il patto dei lupi - 3,014 This has caused them to score less than Light Army and will end up dropping a bracket down to B3.

This is all I have at this point in time, but as I said, I am happy to help people find the bugs if they think their score was bugged or just to confirm, but this gets easier to find when you have active and communicative guild members who stuff.

@Saltypatra I know you are sick of hearing about this bug and being pinged in this thread about it. Is there anything else we can do to help with finding this bug? This is nearing 12 months of reported bugs on my end alone, and it has been known by players, and reported about when GW 1st started and was brushed off then.

As this is effecting the rankings, as well as the rewards that players are getting, can it please be moved to a higher priority, as it is starting to effect how players feel about the mode in a more negative light, and as the only true competitive, and IMO the last fun mode in the game, it does not deserve to be pushed to the back like this as it seems to have been done so far from a players perspective.

10 Likes

Today our Guild got a missing round, and I think I know who is this player. Can I MP someone to check more precisely ? I hope it can help if we know which player got this bug.

It depends on what platform it was on.

There are ways to check if using certain tools on Mobile/PC, namely tarans. I can help with working out missing scores if you want, but would have to sign up for tarans if not already.

I have a Taranā€™s account, but the affected player wonā€™t be able to go here.

And hellooooo again))). It seems like bug with the points hasnā€™t fixed yet. In a few days it will be the anniversary of the bug. This war guild named ā€œna rasslaboneā€ and we didnā€™t get 1457 points. We want just to remind you to fix simple calculation in this event. You may be donā€™t know but for some people this event is very important. May be another guilds have the same problem. Please write that. let us influence on that bug and will notice devā€™s attention to it. Thank you.

3 Likes

Multiple guilds are affected by this bug every Guild Wars. But what can you do? :man_shrugging:

Since I didnt post last GW, here are the bugs, just from B1.

BD - 3128 points missing. We had 2 battles bugged. Have exact data as usual if needed.
Knights - 1553
UB - 184
Tyrant - 4431
PG - 273
Na Rass Pluton - 2995
TBH - 1403

This Month:

Knights - 37
Anon - 2767
Na Rass - 1457
Na Rass Pluton - 1570

Im sure there are guilds lower than B1 that also have this bug these last 2 months, but since I have been reporting this bug for 12+ months now as it was reported before this thread started, and it is still happening with 0 attempts at fixing it, Im kinda over finding them.

The devs know there is the bug. They know the data I collect as I have passed it on multiple times, including individual scores from each day and exact missing fight scores with Screenshots showing the score from those fights.

This is not a little bug, despite how many people care about GW, and the fact that this mode is not monetized is prob the exact reason it seems that we do not get any love and have it rushed to be fixed. Im sure if the bug was giving everyone free gems every week rather than missing scores, it would have been found and fixed instantly, but a bug that has cost players gems as well as rankings, who cares about that right?

Please, fix it. Yes it could be hard to find. Doesnt mean you give up, it means you keep looking and possibly bring other devs over to help look for it. If scores are randomly going missing without anyone knowing what is happening, imagine the other bugs that are also not being found cause they are not noticed and are related to this 1?

11 Likes

maby-if-i-play-dead-they-will-go-away

7 Likes

Thatā€™s not how it works. This bug has been well documented and around for more than a year. If they had any intention of actually working on it they would be handing out compensation for rewards and ranking lost, to show that they consider the current situation temporary. Expect an update every couple of months that this is still being looked into with top priority, without any progress whatsoever.

4 Likes

GW Bugs have been around as long as GW has, with none being fixed. Im well aware

As far as I remember, thatā€™s not completely exact. At the beginning of GWs, when the score was easier to calculate (no def bonus, only monocolor+surviving troops and a daily max score of 6300) the bug was not there.

Itā€™s possibly a side effect of the ā€œ27 best scoresā€ handling they introduced later on. My bet would still be inadequate concurrency handling, that tends to be the most prominent culprit for shared numbers not adding up. I wonder if this also hits other areas, like the sum of guild member event scores not matching the unlock progress.

Nah it has always been around in some form or another. Originally the score wasnt affected I believe, but the amount of fights were. It was reported years ago.

With the change to the top 27 scores, I believe that all it done was start to effect other aspects of the code that have made it easier to be seen by those that track the numbers.

It was stated before that they are different bugs, and I would love to believe it, but the fact that the game shows 1 thing, and the API shows something else, in 2 different data points, makes me think that they are related and there is an issue somewhere else causing these things and the more content that gets added to the game, and possible affecting GW, the more these bugs will appear and make themselves known.

Yes, it was.
I created some threads on the forum about it. I submitted several tickets documenting the gaps and where they were coming from.
I gave up when I saw that there was no interest from the dev team for those bugs.

The score was affected.
There is nothing different now. It is the same bug that has been existing since the beginning of GoW and has never been fixed.

2 Likes

@saltyatra GWs is up again this week. Is there anything new you can share on this bug? I like to assume that this has to be pretty high on the priority given that it effects rewards and rankings.

This has been ongoing since February 2020ā€¦

@TheIdleOne
Thatā€™s only when this thread was created. The bug has been going on for a couple years before this thread started.

1 Like

Pretty sure this is the original thread on the issue. It was linked to the sister thread of this one about missing battle counts.

I paticularly like the part where salty says they are looking into it as we speak, then never responds again.

6 Likes

Yes, it is the original thread.