[Investigating] Incorrect GW Scores

Minus 3240 points…
@Saltypatra thank you for depriving us of the chance to compete for high places :frowning:

1 Like

Capture 1 Capture 2

3237 points missing for Anonymous.

I’m curious what na rasslabone’s screen shows. If you look at your daily score, their score matches it exactly, while yours does not. I wonder if someone from na rasslabone showed their screen if it would show 247,877 or 251,117.

If Knights of the Glade battle Anonymous, could @V_osprey_V and @Aelthwyn post their scores (both the schedule screen and the attack progress screen)? Or anyone else that is in bracket 1 and fights either of these two guilds?

I think their schedule screen would show the same score as ours.
The score of the schedule screen is correct. It is the total of the 30 scores of the players. The number in the GW rankings screens, which is the one that determines the rankings and rewards of each guild, is incorrect.
One battle is not taken into account for the first day.
For our guild I can even say which player’s first battle is not taken into account.

Except that for @V_osprey_V the screen shows incorrectly only for them. The score shown for na rasslabone matches the score on the schedule screen exactly, but the score for KotG does not. This is why I’m curious if both sides match (i.e. only one guild is penalized) or if neither side matches (i.e. both guilds are penalized). If all guilds in a bracket managed to post their schedule screens, then we would easily be able to tally everyone up.

Yes, only one guild is penalised. One battle is not taken into account. It can also happen to the opponent the same day or another day, or not at all but it is unrelated. Check the posts of the previous months.

na rasslabone -1597 again the loss of points :frowning_face:

Power Gems was missing 3,107 points from our total this wars. Still not enough to effect ranking. Not even sure why I keep posting about this since yall keep ignoring it and have for it seems years .

7 Likes

Off to a good start here.

3 Likes

Its me again!! For the very last time here is my post:

In B1:

Black Dragon - 1,492
Knights of the Glade - 1,501

In B2:

YaRebel - 2,959

I hope this eventually gets fixed, and one day if I come back to the game, all is working well and properly. GL with it though and whoever decides to take over reporting it.

14 Likes

When will it end? …
Lack 1403pts

2 Likes

Maybe it has not quite updated yet. Sometimes it take a minute or 15.

Hey, just confirming that the Leaderboards are updated at set intervals, not every time they’re opened.

4 Likes

It’s time to bring it up again. -4500 points, it happened again. When will this problem be fixed?

3 Likes

I have been pondering a long time about posting or not.
It seems quite a frivolous issue when some players are asking for GW to be canceled because their country is implied in a real war.
And it is quite useless as we know there will be no correction, no compensation and even that the bug won’t be fixed (sad that it took 4 years of tickets and posts on the forum to get that information that it can’t be fixed).
However it is not because the devs won’t do anything that we have to accept it and consider that everything is fine.

So here are the results of last month for B1.

Black Dragon have an amazing level and they deserve their victories. There is no questioning that.

But last week Anonymous got two first battles that were not taken into account in the total score.
That cost us 1 431 points on blue day and 1 391 points on yellow day.
The real score of Anonymous is actually 1 522 635 points.

We have been going lately through a difficult phase with players who were in the guild since the beginning of GW retiring and being replaced with new players. And yet we did really great last week. The whole guild tried their best and everyone had some great results. We had deserved that victory and we would have badly needed it as an encouragement to persevere in our efforts. But the victory was stolen from us by that stupid bug.

How can the devs be happy with having a competitive event in which 1/3 or 1/2 of the scores in B1 are wrong each month?
GW in top brackets requires a lot of dedication. Time, preparation, communication… How to keep the players motivated if their efforts get ruined by a bug? How many guilds have reported that they lost ranks, were demoted unfairly or were not promoted when they should have been because of that bug? What does that say of the state of the game and of the conscientiousness of the devs and their respect for the players?
That is just pathetic.

10 Likes

Same na rasslabone and utopia brothers. na rasslabone 1494053 points. Fifth and sixth place of course not the same as first and second, and Utopia are great guys. Writing this here just for more information.
I every gw count the loss of points from our guilds and frankly I’m just desperate. How is this even possible in a game that is based entirely on the calculation of points and ratings, how is this acceptable.

4 Likes

Thanks for the nice words! I never check if we’ve caught bugs on the scores. I’m sorry if anything has been taken away from you in our favor. Fortunately, the fifth and sixth place gems are the same

2 Likes

It’s been two and a half years since this thread opened. Nothing has changed.
We still lose points every Guild War.

Today we had almost 3k points stolen because of this bug which is still “under investigation”

1 Like

You are delusional if you think the devs care about this. Fixing this bug has very little business value. People in the top 10 brackets maybe care, that means 3000 players, maybe 0.01% percent of the player base.
The company care about making money, so they introduce new ways to milk us instead of fixing years old bugs.

5 Likes

I’ve followed up with the Dev team again today.

They’re hoping all the server improvements that have been getting made over the past few months will:

1. Make this bug less likely to occur
  2. Make it easier to fix the bug

We’ve put a different dev on the job so that we have a fresh set of eyes looking at it.
It’s definitely not a simple issue to solve.
I’ve asked if there’s a band aid measure we can take in the meantime - this does carry a risk of further issues so the devs need to look into it more before deciding on a fresh course of action to tackle this bug.

1 Like