[Investigating] Incorrect GW Scores

As mentioned by @Smash and @HugeOgre above here, Power Gems has yet to receive compensation from the wars before when we were supposed to place 1st in b2. So be patient on the missed gems due to bug. We are still waiting too.

1 Like

Yeah, this is definitely not the first time our entire guild of 30 members was denied GW rewards due to bugs.

1 Like

another guild war in 10 days, any update on this?

Is there certain info that we need to look for next wars to help find the bug? Certain ss from in game ? Do we need to record some battles for yall? Anything more we can do that can help yall identify this bug?
@Kafka

1 Like

We’re looking into a potential fix at the moment. I’ll let you know once I have an update.

9 Likes

Both Power Gems and Palladium had more losses to our “defenders” than they did against any other guild that week.

But okay. It’s our defenses fault. :man_shrugging:

If I completely misread your point then I apologise in advance.

good news, then the devs are able to replicate the scoring issue already and has planned a fix, can this be written in the known issue as well?

I really appreciate your effort on resolving this issue :slight_smile:

I don’t know the exact number of losses but it is easy to come up with scenarios where a guild with more losses can still end up scoring more mostly thanks to the top 27 rule. We had less losses heads up against na rasslabone yet they scored more in the end. Most likely because when they won, they scored more compared to our wins. Plus what if 1 or 2 people had a very bad day and had 2 or even 3 losses each? Those scores get removed though the losses are still on record for the total for that day/week.

And again I don’t know what everyone’s individual scores were and without that I can’t say exactly what happened. But I do know more wins doesn’t automatically mean you will score more for that day after everyone had played.

It would be nice if it did.
For daily match ups have 150/150 count towards the daily score. Then at the end of the week only count 27/30 for each guilds total score.

It should really be that easy. Because though guild wars always has had bugs. The points bug started as soon as 27/30 started. Which was a great idea that seemingly is poorly coded.

Actually only 135 count daily. I watch our scores constantly and once 27 people play, the last 3 barely make a dent to the score, and that includes when all the matches are played that day.

Edit: Unless I misread what you wrote where you were wishing all 150 counted each day and then only at the end of the week the bottom 3 each day were filtered out.

1 Like

Yes, we were surprised about this ninja change 2 or 3 GWs ago.

I think it had been like that since January 2020 actually.

The top 27 scores, or the 135/150 scores counting, has been around for a while.

Wasnt a ninja change, it was a planned changed, that was requested by the community for a loooong time.

@awryan this bug has been around for years. Like, actually years, and I think not long after GW started tbh. The issue always was, lack of way of verifying it 100% that it was a bug. A lot of the time, and at times rightly so, it was passed off as a delay in the game updating, which I have seen happen before, so its not out of the realm of possibilities.

A guild that has 15 losses, but all 15 of those losses are from 3 people, can score higher than a guild that has 4 losses, and all are from a different person. Throw in some off colour troops, or slower teams, and it will bring down the average per player score for the day, which can drop you below others with the same win rate.

1 Like

Of course, but where is it documentated?

:vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

In the patch notes when it went live as AMT linked.

3 Likes

Very good, also expected this from 27/30 Day-1 but didnt recognized it there.

1 Like

It has been active since it was released during the 4.7 patch.

If you havent noticed it, then thats on you. But I can 100% confirm, as I have been watching scores since before then, that the top 27 scores have been counting per day

3 Likes

I did, but not the initial start.
But a lot friends from other guilds (on PS4) also wondered why the daily points were less than before,
The design is not the best - i dont understand, why the worst 3 are nuot at least red highlighed or sth similar.

Btt also the bug here wourd then be easier to track.

1 Like

Honestly, while I would accept that and prefer it, I currently track all individual scores for each player and manually track the bottom 3, and top 3 cause why not, I think its more so others dont feel hurt they are doing bad.

BUT

Others can already see how the others are doing, and it would be easier to track the bug doing it that way as well.

1 Like