[Investigating] Incorrect GW Scores

That time of the month again.

Bugs I can identify:

PG had a player missing a fights score. Have the data on this 1, as does @junette if you need it @Kafka

30s had a player missing 1,356 points. I have this data as well

Bugs I dont have the data on, but API shows is different from what was gathered from the game:

B1 -

na rass missing 1,518 points
UBs missing 1,687 points
Knights missing 1,536 points
kcvkcv missing 295 points (this would be basically the score that was missing would of just been over the 27 threshold giving only partial points missing) (They also didnt complete all fights with 5 fights not being done on Brown day but this should not impact this at all either)

None of this alter the ranking

B3 -

MG missing 1305 points.

With UBs, their missing points bug is either combined with the missing fights bug OR they got hit with 2 bugs at once. They completed all 900 fights but are showing as missing 1 fight on Brown Day.

7 Likes

Thank you for posting this @Smash .
Yep whatever you need from me for Power Gems just let me know @Kafka

1 Like

Hello everyone, I think it’s time to update this thread. This Guild War our guild Na rasslabone yet again didn’t receive the fair number of points in the guild rating. This time the total loss was 2765 points, and as one can see from the first bracket rating this may very well have made the difference between the third and the fourth place. It is possible that other guilds are also missing some points, hopefully others will show up and tell if they have similar problems. But in any case, it would be nice to know from the devs, how long is this problem going to persist?

Here is a screenshot of our Guild War schedule taken after all our players have finished the war:

It’s easy to see that the total sum of our points is 253714 + 251270 + 250119 + 249025 + 245523 + 243406 = 1493057.

And here is what we see in the Guild war rating:

Obviously, 2765 points are missing here.

And I know for a fact that it’s the figures from the schedule that are correct. We do treat Guild Wars very seriously and are running our own spreadsheet for calculating the rating points. The spreadsheet takes the sums of all the players’ results day by day, each day removing three worst results from the total. Each of our players not only adds their own results into the table, but also makes a screenshot of their points from the game to avoid typos or mistakes. The resulting score produced by our spreadsheet was exactly the same as the sum of points from the schedule and not as the result from the guild rating.

Thanks in advance to everyone who’d take part in solving their problem. I’m sure that everyone who ever played Guild Wars in top brackets would understand how upsetting and demoralizing it is to encounter things like this after sacrificing exorbitant amount of time and energy to the war. And, in all honesty, how hard could it be for the game to add 6 numbers together?

15 Likes

Hi @Kafka. Like @Nata and na rasslabone, Olimp likewise had a similar problem with scoring. This did not affect our standing as Black Dragon also was hit with a scoring problem as well, though @Smash will probably elaborate what happened to them.

I will PM you once I finish sifting through what I have to help you pinpoint things a little better. Thanks.

1 Like

I was planning on posting today actually lol.

Soooo I havent checked with other guilds, even PG yet, about exact missing data, so at this point in time, I only have the data from BD.

1 of our fights, Red day fight 3 for 1 player, was not counted. We lost the 1539 from his score, has a SS of his after fight scores showing he did score that. He got a 5/0 with a total score of 7970. This dropped his score into the bottom 3 altering the amount we should have gained during the week by 1492.

Now for the fun parts.

Bugged guilds after comparing API data to that shown in game (checking tarans for in game data after GW ends as you cant see it in game):

B1 -

Black Dragon - 1492
Olimp - 1532
Na Rass - 2765 (this dropped them from 3rd down to 4th)
Knights of the Glade - 256 (this moved them up to 3rd from 4th)
Utopias Brothers - 1617
Anon - 86
PG - 36
Na Rass Sol - 1382

Thats 8 of the 10 guilds in B1 were bugged.

B2 -

Na Rass Pluton - 1671
Il patto dei lupi - 6162
TUF: Unrepentant - 1378
Palladium - 1638

B3 -

ToO - 1658 (this cost them the 2nd place and moved them down to 3rd. which stops them from moving up to B2)
Na Rass Phénix - 1898
Intrim - 1595

I havent looked below B3, BUT there most likely others, but I dont have complete data to check 100%

As always, any info I am happy to provide if needed.

@Saltypatra I believe you are the 1 I need to tag now, as I hear you are taking over the Forum duties for a bit (was mentioned on stream apparently and passed onto me from there)

10 Likes

I can check a little of B5 as well just in case.

Well I checked what I could and they had no scoring problems at all. Everything matched.

3 Likes

@Saltypatra we have been reporting on this issue monthly since Febuary 2020 and believe its been going on since before then.

is there a plan to move forward and get this fixed?

is there any plan to compensate guilds that are still missing rewards that have been promised?

Can we get a correction for guilds that are in the wrong ranks? ← this is especially critical for guilds like ToO that arent even in the correct bracket because of this bug

13 Likes

@Saltypatra or whichever dev is replying to the thread. Smash advised it was my own score on brown day’s battle that was bugged for Power Gems . I have ss of my team used with enemy team and a ss of it’s score screen if you need them. I would post here, but it shows the teams I used and those are trade secrets lol. So let me know if you want/need them and I will send via dm :innocent:

4 Likes

Dear devs,
I totally understand that you can’t fix this bug. If you “investigate” and haven’t been able to fix a bug for like 10 months, I don’t expect it to be fixed ever.
It’s fine, we’re used to it.

BUT! At least give people those gems. Compensate the bug you can’t fix.

PS. Some of us spend more time for GWs, than you guys spend for fixing bugs. And one day this bug will probably effect the first place, then it won’t be about just gem rewards, there will be riot :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Just wondering, which number do you get by adding up the weekly score of your 27 best players?

1 Like

Its still a problem we (the players) just see the win/lose and not the Points PLUS the worst 3 are not marked.

This should be no problem for the devs and this calculation is no rocket science, more a simple SQL or something similar.
So dont really understand how this can take so long to indentify.

1 Like

1475662 total without the three worst results for the entire week. If I understand your question correctly.

1 Like

Sorry, I have to say it.

“No one is forcing you to play gw” just accept the score and move on.

Or

“Just quit the game if you don’t like something about it”

1 Like

How dare we find and report bugs :open_mouth:

11 Likes

No one is forcing you to read about bugged reports that are… bugging you.
For those that actually care about guild wars… It’s a big deal.

1 Like

I meant no disrespect to anyone. I’m there with you actually. It seems the players are the ones who find the bugs, not their “paid internal QA team.”

I just saw a couple of people in the thread who have said those things and got a laugh.

@Saltypatra :pray: :pray: Please tell me what we need to do to get a response on this thread. do i need to send you a pie?

any response at least tells us that its not being ignored, thanks!

10 Likes

There is no such thing (and has not been for a significant time) as a “correct guild wars score”. Despite the secret scoring algorithm, the complete loss of control of skull scoring mechanics and orbweaver summoning on the sly (plus much more) and of course the much lauded empowered troop deluge means it’s a nonsensical leaderboard by the week’s end. Skull bash is probably the best approach because at least you’re doing armour and life damage and nobody from the development team has engaged in explaining or resolving the same underlying blatant glitch since it was 1st reported or as a consequence of multiple reports thereafter. There is zero aspect of the game or its scoring that is currently clear or reliable.

already known bug

Hi @Saltypatra can we get an update on what the plan will be for addressing this bug?

10 Likes