[Investigating] Incorrect GW Scores

One of our Soldiers attempted to verify that following a global discussion on Saturday with a pea brained troll who had accused our Warboss of lying. Raiders do not lie, cheat or steal. From other Raiders. We might deal in misinformation, deception, and the reallocation of assets from Elvses, but I digress…

Not pictured below was his team, which was Moonsinger, Queen B x2, and Thief/Bronzelock Pistol. He got rolled by a Yao team in 1st turn, and scored 203 points (plus the 2k for Defenders).

As can be seen in the picture, subsequent battles scored 1235 in a win, 224 and 225 in losses to Vanguard, and 234 in a battle with Gobtruffle replacing the first Queen B.

Also evident in the picture is proof that I value contributions to the Gem community from Mr. Ryan. We learn from each others mistakes.

I am certain that others have a better grasp on GW scoring, but ChunQuixote (no relation) has also been rolled using Mang and a three color Purple team and reported getting 150pts, more or less, so it appears to me at least, that the value of Color of the Day troops is 50 points per troop, not 100, and not reliant upon duplicates.

It wasn’t due to that.
We had members who scores were switched around and points were missing. So it’s bugged shit
… nothing new.
I don’t watch 29 others guild wars, so I merely mentioned it as a possibility since it was the only thing I could think of at the time.
But no… Everyone did the right thing but their points didn’t count right because bug wars. And by coming out in defense of other Guilds being screwed over in the past. We felt the full wrath of bugs this time.
At the very least… it cost each member 100 gems by finishing 10th instead of 9th.
It just amazes me that the 2 guilds who finished directly ahead of us had their worst days all week against us.
I really wish medals and talents were locked with the defenses and couldn’t be altered against certain opponents. It clearly makes a tremendous difference.

2 Likes

Hi AWR,

by my count your guild should have received 1,421,765 points. 2,946 over what is shown in game 1,418,819. However, i cant account for if those particular missing points/battles would cause a bottom 3 score that dropped off to be changed. you might be able to figure that out from the full player per day scores on your tarans GuildVIew if most people in your guild also posted their scores to compare. Although i find it very hard to believe that you could gain an additional 5,489 points required to get over Power Gem’s 1,427,254 points (plus a bugged score they had). so… I believe B2 is correct.

even with that, AWR guild’s correct rank should have been over Palladium. and this change will give you a different set of defenders you face next month. IMO not a big deal in B2, but in B1 this can be very significant.

… this is sooo messy when so many guilds have bugged points… hopefully with the added logging kafka mentioned the dev team can make some progress on this.

7 Likes

@Kafka
The difference between first and second place bracket One on Xbox has been under 200 points before, so these bugged GW scores are important to fix. Awryan has a legitimate complaint that his guild is out 100 gems each., so maybe bracket one results should be verified by an excel sheet until it gets fixed.

2 Likes

One would agree that he has a case for his guild getting 100 gems each… but I don’t think you can use that as an excuse not to drop to B2.

i can totally agree with this. everyone should be getting their fair and corrected rewards.
i want to point out that i didnt hear that Power Gems had received corrected rewards from one month before. The issue of compensation and corrected rewards is going to be compounding over time. @Kafka :pray: is there any way the team can track and compensate and GW ranks for this issue game wide the week after GWs? or choose top X # of brackets to check if its considered time consuming? For sure most cases of incorrect rankings causing gem rewards to be altered is not being caught by the few of us in this thread.

3 Likes

With a win, the loss of an on colour troop in the line up, will scale, as that is how the entire point system works.

We had someone go safe on 1 of the days, went 1 off colour troop per fight, and scored 8,779 for that day. The lowest 5/0 outside of theirs, and without having watched every move to see exactly how well they done, was 9,265, which is a low score anyway for the day, so it is safe to use that as a guideline rather than the rest of the fights, average of the top 27 battles was 9,469, that means there is a loss of 486. Thats an average loss of 97.2 per fight.

The 1st few fights, with a lower base score, will obviously be less of a loss, but the paragon fight will have a much larger loss. Saying the average score loss per off colour troop, over a 5 battle average, is around 100 per fight, isnt entirely accurate, but it is a rough guide, and a lot closer than 50 per fight. With 1 off colour troop per battle, I think highest you can score, is around 9100, compared to just under 9700 per day.

Buut this is all off topic for this, and Im more than happy to continue the discussion in a different thread if you would like to?

2 Likes

As much as you want to say its not, you had an average of 8,776 per player for the week. PG had a higher average at 8,810. As Huge said, the amount of difference between the 2 guilds was too high for any bug you want to say is there.

Yes, your guild had a score bug, it may have been 1 or 2 fights, and without access to your exact data of all 30 players 6 fights each, I cant tell you exactly where they are, but what I can say just from looking at your Win/Loss and your averages, that you are either (or both) not going full mono teams, or using unique def teams every day.

Having their worst day against you, doesnt mean that you should beat them, it just means that you had great defs on that day, or they had horrible attack teams.

Our worst day was against Anon on Blue day, with 7 losses, does that mean that they should have beaten us?

I do agree that AWR should have finished 9th and not 10th, and deserve the gem comp for the difference, I also believe PG should get the gem comp from winning B2 last month but placing as 2nd.

Now, this thread is entirely about the score bug, and it is being derailed with complaints about where people placed or missed rewards, and while they might be justified complaints, this thread isnt really the place to do it, as I would rather it stay on topic so the devs can look and check any information, as easily as possible, that they need

2 Likes

Hello, this past gws on ps4 my guild came second place with less than 2k points separating us and 1st place. During the 5th day of gws I did my first battle that was a win, after the match I received zero points for the match and apparently lost? I used 4 same color daily troops and had 24 different troops set for defense. My score for a 4-1 day was 4300. Basically a glitch stole 500 gems from myself and my whole guild as we would have won had the glitch not happened. I have screenshots proving everything that I’ve just said.

1 Like

Should probably provide the screens and as much specific info as possible to help the team track down the bug :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Where would I provide all the info to?

Right here! :grin:

Or in a PM to Kafka, if you prefer. But the playerbase can help more if more data is collated in the same place.

1 Like

after first battle win. You can see wencekiller in the back

now the match-up switched to joker

200 points after 2 battles

after 5 battles

showing that I went 4-1

game gave me a 3-2

final score, we came second

From the look of your issue, its not the same as this bug tbh.

This 1 counts the fights, and logs the score in the API wrong.

For yours, its as if you have retreated from your 1st fight and then lost the 2nd fight, not saying you have just saying its what it looks like score wise.

1st fight is only 1 that has the GW def bonus, if you retreat from it, iirc, you get no points at all, including the bonus 2k. But the Battle Log shows you beat them, so Im not entirely sure wtf is happening with it all.