[Investigating] Incorrect GW Scores

I just sent what I had and as mentioned they did not notice anything unusual or have any connection problems but we are sending out word for everyone to make a note of any problems that could arise if/when it happens again.

1 Like

My general opinion is you canā€™t screw some folks over by freezing the brackets so you upset maybe one or 2 guilds. Guilds that did well deserve to move up and the ones that did not deserve to stay should not get to stay. There will be other Guild Wars and itā€™s not the end of the world. Most guilds posted no issues. Good Luck next Wars everyone :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Itā€™s rather difficult to help in this matter since after 3 years we still havenā€™t been told exactly the formula for how points are calculated.
I believe the official word has only been to give us 3/4 of the formula. And others have deduced the rest over timeā€¦ But not an official break down.

From everything I have seen, including SSs from people who I found to have the bugs, the points missing are from the entire fight. Registers a win and everything, shows points on the API, just doesnt show them in the actual game.

If final score is less points than missing fight, its due to the 27/30 fights counting and its changed the order up that much

2 Likes

Then that seems like thereā€™s a miscommunication between the API and the gameā€¦

So instead of looking at the players or even guilds.
Wouldnā€™t it be wise to look at the communication between the API and whatā€™s being shown in game for rewards purpose?

The 27 of 30 should just have something written like sort members total scores from high to low. Then count/show the top 27 even if 27 arenā€™t available.

My point isā€¦Kafka seems to be looking at individual matches possibly being the issue. But if the API is counting it. Then it canā€™t be a communication issue on that end.

It does seem strange that the game would have the correct data (as seen through api), but both show different results and give out the wrong rewards (based on an incorrect showing of points, assuming thatā€™s what happened).

From what everyoneā€™s been saying, though, it does seem to happen at specific moments after particular fights, so doesnā€™t seem too illogical to track down anything that might be happening there.

3 Likes

Any chance the API might operate on individual scores, the rewards on data added up after each fight? Meaning thereā€™s a ā€œguild total scoreā€ field that gets increased by the player score whenever a fight completes? If this happens in a non-transactional way, two players within the same guild finishing their fights very close together may cause one of the score components to get dropped.

1.) First player finishes fight, current guild score X gets read.
2.) Second players finishes fight, current guild score X gets read.
3.) Score of first player gets added to X and stored as new guild score Y, overwriting old score X.
4.) Score of second player gets added to X and stored as new guild score Z, overwriting the phantom score Y.

before you guys go further down this rabbit hole, the score shown in game on the schedule screen and results screen are correct, only the scores shown on the Ranking screen is wrong. this is the same in game as from the API calls. the only reason there is all this API talk is because it makes it really easy to tell exactly what player and/or battle the error occurred on, thus giving the devs a better chance at finding the bug.

8 Likes

Hopefully some progress on this bug. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just checking in on this since guild wars is in a few days.

1 Like

Patch notes released ten days ago made no mention of any GW fix.

@Kafka

Just giving you a heads up that it happened to us again today but to a different player this time. I am currently trying to get more info and will PM you when I have as much relevant data as possible. Thanks.

We added more logging for this so we could get more information about the issue.
Weā€™re hoping this will help us find an efficient way to solve this issue.

6 Likes

Will update closer to weeks end later today, but BD currently has 2 glitched scores.

1 Like

Power Gems is missing points again this week. I hope it doesnā€™t knock us out of b1. Iā€™ll send you stuff in dmā€™s @Kafka.

2 Likes

May be the wrong thread for it.
But this doesnā€™t make any sense to me.

But hey weā€™re just going to bracket 2 because of it. I guess we were due for it in Bug Wars.
I looked and will continue to look at any possibility of wins without using full monocolor teams or not getting full defense points. But so far I canā€™t see it.
Nor can I figure out how 19 and 6 more wins than other guilds but are 2k and 9k behind them in points. Like thereā€™s just 17k points just taken from us magically.

I tried to add our 3 lowest scores. Deducted it from what Tarans site says is our overall score. Itā€™s no where near what the game says the top 27 have. :man_shrugging:

Yes, your score was bugged. lost about 2946 points actually.

The reason why you are lower with more wins, is due entirely to off colour troops and/or unique def teams if thats what you are doing as well.

From what I remember, 1 off colour troop is about a 100 point loss per fight. The more you use, the faster that adds up. While yes, off colour win is worth more than a loss, if you can win with all mono colour teams, then you will of course score higher, but you already know that.

Back on topic about the bugs though.

From what I can tell, in B1 alone, the following guilds all had a score bug:

Black Dragon - 1525 points
Olimp - 1594 points
Utopiaā€™s Brothers - 1655 points
na rasslabone - 1370 points
AWR - 2946 points

Now, thats not to include the other point bugs that cant be seen. BD had another 1 that would have been in bottom 3 even without the bug, and I know PG had at least 1 point bug as well.

2 Likes

All our hard work finally paid off! :slight_smile:
I think we are missing some points again this week tho, must be a bug. :thinking:

How is the bug squshing progress coming?

1 Like

Iā€™m planning on following up with the team on this tomorrow now that we have more data again.
Iā€™ll reply here when I can (but I think tomorrow will be too soon as the team will want time to go over last weekā€™s data and logs).

6 Likes

If you need any data from me, just message and Ill send everything through thats needed

1 Like