[Investigating] Extra turn when casting Natureborn Warden

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android on Samsung Galaxy S10

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting the AI to take a turn after casting Natureborn Warden, but instead I got an extra turn, with no “extra turn” banner displayed

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It has been happening to me intermittently since the troop was released, in the Class Trial. Perhaps 1/10 times. I have not yet discovered a pattern. I may have gotten extra turns I wasn’t expecting in other situations, but this was the most obvious.

Steps to make it happen again
Cast Natureborn Warden in the Class Trial, with unknown other conditions. It pains me to report an issue that is helping the players for once, but I would really like this game to be close to bug-free.

1 Like

Whoops, I posted the two screenshots out of order.

Now that I look again, I wonder if this has to do with the new elemental storm being active? That’s my best guess so far.

It’s due to the Gems created by “Born of…” traits forming a 4+ match before the start of your turn.

It’s essentially a resurfacing of this bug (free, extra turns due to either Potions of Explosion or ‘Omen’ traits):

1 Like

Aha! That makes some sense. Now I can try to work around it until they “fix it.”

1 Like

My video of the extra turn itself, not the “Born of…” Gems making a 4-match beforehand (I’m on mobile, so don’t have the ‘previous 30s’ capture feature, and cbf recording multiple battles to try catch it):

ezgif-2-fa032bf84a43

1 Like

Update in related thread.