Infinite loops need to be fixed

Now we just exploit for more money for dev vacations
O wait I take that back, they are nice enough to have long running 80% off sales until recently
Only $50 instead of $250 for a legendary troop!!!
:partying_face:

1 Like

A lot of mobile games are exploitative; I can say though that this game, to itā€™s credit, manages to avoid the issue I see a lot of games hit of becoming unplayable for free players after a short while in order to compel them to ā€œbuy powerā€.

To compare, there was another game I had played a while back where you had a sort of gatcha style hero-draw system, but one which had no means by which you could simply purchase a particular hero, and it was unbalanced to the point that there was one specific hero that you had to have or you will always lose to anyone with that one hero. (It had an attack aura around it that filled 2/3rds of the screen and would kill any hero that approached it before they even could reach it) It was so bad, all the player guides recommended making an account, playing through the tutorial, rolling for a hero with the premium currency you get from it, then deleting your account and starting over if you didnā€™t get that one particular hero.

This game at least has the soul forge for crafting troops that you need if you really want one very specific troop, and they do eventually address poor game balance when it reaches a point where a single troop or team becomes overpowered to the point of breaking the game. They tend to move more slowly than I would like when a team becomes a problem, but at least they do eventually address those problems.

Bringing it back to the main topic, I am making this thread in the hopes that the devs might listen and avoid causing a new meta to spring up which breaks the game in a worse way than ever ahead of time, rather than waiting until PVP is broken again and having to deal with it for 2-3 months before a fix is figured out. The rope dart team is bad, but not as bad as DE was. But my concern is that if the dev team keeps adding more empowered converters, we may eventually see a new meta spring up that is worse than anything weā€™ve seen up to this point.

The amount of just utter :ox::poop: coming out of your head is amazing. If you canā€™t see how almost everything you write in your replies to me is combative at bestā€¦ passive aggressive at worst. Then you are simply just a waste of time and energy. Because you lack the ability to be even be aware of your own actions. Let a lone, the actions of others.
But yeahā€¦ Iā€™m a ā€œmid gamerā€ so I have no clue what Iā€™m talking about. :person_facepalming:

Yepā€¦ Iā€™m definitely guilty of what I get on your case about. I got sucked into the childish debateā€¦ Iā€™m human. :person_shrugging:

I feel like this is an eternal GoW struggle. People like to play as teams that can loop. The more reliable the better. But if I can do it, the CPU can do it. People donā€™t like it when the CPU does it.

Ubastet was frustrating because it killed you so fast. In hindsight, that was kind. You knew real quick how an Ubastet game was going to go.

Rope Dart continues the tradition started by Goblins in that once it starts, you donā€™t actually know if it will stop, and if itā€™s feeling saucy it might not get around to killing your troops very quickly. This stinks. But when Iā€™m using my own Rope Dart team, I donā€™t play around and it finishes fast.

I have a bad feeling if we fixed the AI so it at least killed you faster with Rope Dart, itā€™d be across-the-board too good. Someone in this or another recent thread listed some scenarios where the AI intentionally doesnā€™t notice moves a human would. Itā€™s dangerous to wish for a human-level opponent.

All in all, the gameā€™s economy is balanced to expect you to win a lot. If the game were harder, and say 65% win rates were more common, the rewards for winning would have to be bigger. Iā€™m not saying thatā€™d be bad, but it also wouldnā€™t be easy to get right.

Itā€™s OK if at some point your head starts shouting ā€œWHY AM I STILL REPLYING TO THIS GUY???ā€ It always seems like my head takes about 3 posts too long to do that.

3 Likes

Why does anybody even respond to Awryan? I browse the forums once in a while and all I ever see is him raising arguments. I agree with OP that rope dart/moon rabbit is annoying/broken. Ranked PVP needs to search and find more diverse teams to play against, not the same 5 meta teams every single battle.

1 Like

Because even lurkers feel like they need to chime in to say disparaging things about me.
I think the kids call it ā€¦ā€œtrendyā€.

I donā€™t agree that we need to nerf or change anything balance wise right now. So therefore I shouldnā€™t say anything on a request to change stuff. Got it. :person_shrugging:

Even lurkers get tired of reading your same argumentative drivel on nearly every post.

5 Likes

It would be an interesting solution to the problem if the game skipped duplicate teams. Like, if the search recorded a log of the teams in each slot you are given, and skips teams that contain the same four troops as one of the last three teams that have shown up in that slot, it would give players a more varied experience.

It would help keep a single team composition from flooding the PVP search results due to copy-cats, and with that, even if a broken combo did come out, itā€™s impact on the game as a whole would be mitigated while devs test out solutions to it.

Maybe if you fight team with W,X,Y,Z troops in a battle, limit me from fighting teams with any combination of 3 of the 4 troops for the next 5 matches. Thatā€™s not really a solution to looping teams, but it would limit annoying meta teams.

The gameā€™s architecture is apparently bad with large numbers. Iā€™ve heard that is why you can only open 200 chests at a time, no matter how many keys you have; when the game processes more random results than that at once, it has issues. So, I think weeding out identical teams would be easier on the search engine than 3/4ths matches would be.

The overall sentiment though I definitely agree with; if the number of samey teams we could fight in a short time-window was reduced, it would definitely cut down on the harm a single meta team could cause to the game as a whole.

You should read more often then.
When I agree with someone. I tell them.
When someone needs help. I help them.
When I see something wrong. I educate them.
And when someone who hasnā€™t posted in 6 weeks decides they need to chime in and ask why people engage me. When they themselves are engaging me at that point. I LAUGH AT THEM. :grinning:

I had full intentions of leaving this thread alone. Until @JordanC17 decided to rope me back in. Odd that he agrees with you. Took a swipe at me. And then says Iā€™m the issue. Very ā€œoddā€.
That being saidā€¦

I guess you entirely skipped the portion of where I said the AI didnā€™t even get a turn.
So the team I was facing didnā€™t matter at all.
It was a prime example of how the player can EASILY control the board without the AI being able to control it at all.
So any complaints about Empowered troops or lack of control are null.
Coming at the author because you donā€™t like his opinion is null.
You need to spend more time figuring out a way to counter these teams you dislike. Rather than the present behavior of demanding a change to the troops themselves and berating those who donā€™t agree with you.

Hello midgamers! plz dont get my loop troops nerfedā€¦thxšŸ˜Ž

8 Likes

@awryan Itā€™s odd that I agreed with someone, and also pointed out something that you regularly do? Not really anything odd there if you ask me. I wonā€™t be reading or responding to anything you say in this post. Go outside or something, I bet good things will happen for you.

1 Like

Sometimes nerfs are necessary. Sometimes new content or buffs can balance things out as well. My main concern is ensuring that things donā€™t get worse. If the game gets to the point where you canā€™t play because only a turn-one loop team can win any matches, it will not be fun for most players and team building will end up being pointless.

Thatā€™s actually exactly how the changes to matchmaking work, mentioned here :stuck_out_tongue::

Currently, though, any small difference, including a different class or banner, counts as being a different team. In any case, I have personally found PvP to be more diverse - and easier, tbh, as a result - than previously.

This was an interesting thread on PvP diversity, I thought, although I still think thereā€™s room for improvement:

On a side note, I do generally agree with @Changerā€™s comments about using the same thing as a counter not being a good example of game balance (due to circular reasoning).

I use my phone to access the forumsā€¦ Are you alleging it works outside? I wonder if thatā€™s why they call it a mobile device. :thinking:
Sounds good thoughā€¦ Go back to just reading everything I have to say like a stalker. Itā€™s only creepy when you out yourself about it.

The team I use against Rope dart and the bunny, Iā€™ll send to you. Youā€™ll be successful with with it . Youā€™ll see what I mean. Youā€™ll see that we need to stop asking the devs to make the game easier. Itā€™s supposed to be challenging and Require strategy. Casual PvP can be mindlessly farmed, ranked pvp shouldnā€™t be.

1 Like

Yeah, the changes to match making did help some. I think they are a bit too strict though, as especially during DEā€™s reign, you could still have a DE team clogging up the search results consistently due to what you mentioned with the class, banner, and other minor variations making teams count as unique.

As it is, if there are say, 2-3 minor variations of a meta team, it ends up breaking the algorithm because you end up just cycling through the variations of the meta team rather than getting a variety of wholly unique teams. I think ā€œsame troopsā€ might give better results. It can be difficult though, as I know the game can only spend so much time filtering through random choices, and the more picky the algorithm is, the harder it would have to search.