Increasing seals per player

I don’t think you’re dumb I was being too vague.

I think if there was some game experience centered around joining and participating in useful guilds it would help a lot. Right now the game kinda says to the player “Here’s some guild stuff… go figure it out”.

Then we end up with 20,000 guilds with 2 players each, wasting time and generating no resources. This is an unsatisfying experience for players in the short- and long-term.

So maybe they could add some “system managed” guild feature where new players are automatically placed into a “training guild” with other lower-level players. Lets say if they don’t do it on their own by level 100 then the system kicks in. It won’t take long then for players to realize when they’ve out-grown it and they can move along on their own.

The game could do a little more hand-holding by showing through example what successful guild play entails.

All vague stuff but I think for a game so focused on realizing the benefits of guild play, it sure allows players en-masse to do incredibly wrong things with them. I see this as an opportunity to improve the game design and experience for everybody.

1 Like

I understand now & agree. Guilds are a very important aspect of the game and you’re right there is nothing telling a new player that. At very least it should be something covered in the tutorial, even if it’s a very quick “now that you know how to wage battle & improve your troops, you should join a guild to help each other on your quest!” Or some such rubbish.

I don’t think I joined a guild until somewhere between level 70-100 because I didn’t understand their value or importance and didn’t know what to do to join one. And even then I joined several dead ones randomly before I hit on one that had some activity.

Why would the devs ever give away something they are trying to sell?

You want more seals? You can buy them. If the devs said we could earn more in any way shape or form, then they wouldnt sell as many.

Pretty darn sure they are not going to cut off any of their streams of revenue.

1 Like

Oh like the things that an entire guild gets for 1M gold in Legendary Tasks? I am not trying to be sarcastic but to focus on how this line of reasoning could be taken to any unreasonable end.

My point is not about resources, although people can argue about how they can be distributed all they want. I have no opinion on that area, only on the player experience and game design. Two areas that need a conspicuous amount of work.

Outside of human-organized guilds the game is pretty much a free-for-all and delivers the guild experience in a very unsatisfying way. It is never presented to the player in a sensible way, and the tools that are given to players are often use to shoot themselves in the foot.

Im not sure I understand what you mean.

This is the part that matters.

My point is not about resources, although people can argue about how they can be distributed all they want. I have no opinion on that area, only on the player experience and game design. Two areas that need a conspicuous amount of work.

Outside of human-organized guilds the game is pretty much a free-for-all and delivers the guild experience in a very unsatisfying way. It is never presented to the player in a sensible way, and the tools that are given to players are often use to shoot themselves in the foot.

1 Like

Im still not sure of what you mean. I agree a whole lot of things should be done differently.

Just saying on the specific topic of raising the seal limit, be it for the player or the guild, its very unlikely to happen since seals are a product you can buy.

I think we might be having different discussions.

I kind of jumped in with a view I have on the general issues with guilds.

I see though you have valid concerns in the other area.