If you were a Sirrian, what would you advise your team to improve about Gems of War?

You remind me.
Gnome, can we have another way to get gnomes?! Most gnomes are useless, I get it. But is there a good reason that players don’t have a more guaranteed way to get a troop? Even just adding them in soulforge would be great.

1 Like

Level 1287, vip 8 (funny story when I quit smoking I started spending that money on the game lol), playing since…Ragnagord came out so maybe 3 years?

To be honest I don’t have any complaints beyond the balance of the game. Classes/talent trees, weapon balance, troop balance, and now things like medals. I feel that as the core parts of the game these are the things that draw people in and keep the game fun and interesting. I like to try different troop and hero/weapon combinations and fight against unique opponent teams. I like to get excited for new troops, weapons and classes. It’s no fun to play the same meta teams over and over again. Or to have the same set of troops be on top of the food chain for too long. That means making tweaks every now and then, and nerfing troublesome overused things and also buffing underused troops, weapons and classes. People will always find what the best combination, strategy, etc is in any game, but if the meta changes often enough it keeps it from getting stale.

3 Likes

I’m level 1,279, VIP 5, playing the game since November of 2015.
I’ve seen so many updates and features added/taken away. I really think the game was in a better place before it became a “Who has 300 hours to play” kind of grind game.

I voted for Class XP change, I really think something needs to be done with that (NOT making more XP levels, 100 is good enough, but maybe changing some old talent trees or making it where you earn random Class XP if using a class that is already 100.) :arrow_left:Not my idea btw

And I also voted for the Faction assault change, that just needs to be gutted and burned, along with Factions imo.

And Guild Wars, :arrow_left:Nuff said about that horrible event.:person_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Great post and I think most of my gripes have been covered already.

VIP 1, lvl 1290…almost 2 years playing.

Classes are/were a good idea but the lack of creativity and tree variation make most mediocre. Sadly, I believe class progression is reqd for Kingdom development. Replacing thief with corsair or another light fingerer is mundane in the extreme.

Events…I am lumping these together as post potion mind numbing tedium. Last weeks class event was appalling in terms of troop variety. Bounty is always rubbish and all sense of accomplishment due to strategy and skill has been decimated by potions and “buy an orb” leaderboards. Awful.

The exception (to some extent) and the albatross of the game is of course delves. This is nothing short of an exercise in sadism. Troops are generally shocking, the opposition stats are horrific and the time reqd to max a faction during the event is outrageous. 24 hour events shud be scrapped as @awryan says. It’s bad enough doing max renown for a new faction event. 2 days minimum sounds right for repeated factions. Sirrian encourages less game time; here is a great opportunity to back up that mindset.

Similarly, some events are too long. Less time commitment and thus healthier playing style can be attained by reducing the grind/reward ratio without compromising the necessary gem investment by scaling proportionately.

Lastly, empowerment. It’s gone way too far. Often in pvp (and wars) you’ve got 2 empowered troops converting yellow and green into skulls turn 1. Obviously you are entangled by the hero class etc etc. It’s absolute shite. Most teams have theoretical counters but all your creative team building endeavours can count for diddly squat when the board launches at the start of battle.

The only other thing really is doom, but that’s more about players reluctance to engage with their guild mates, not follow floor plans, refusal to scout (so they get more weapon scrolls) and wasting sigils all over the shop. One of the biggest issues in the game is the frustration of progressive guilds being thwarted by lack of teamwork. Not an issue for the top guys but that’s a big factor as to why you are the top guys.

Finally, ban ALTS…freeloading and clogging up guilds so they can fake honour their main accounts. In fact, ban honour…totally wrecked helpful chat exchanges and recruitment.

1 Like