Platform, device version and operating system:
iOS 12.x iPhone 7
What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I received a notification that a pet needed to be rescued. I opened the notification and was brought to Gems of War. I went to “Games” and Pet Rescue is unavailable, informing me that “a pet rescue starts in 1d, 4h”.
I know what’s going on here, I have to do “something” that makes the game update for the pet rescue to start. What that actually means is “I have to finish a match” or “restart the game”. For tribute, I’ve learned rituals like “check in-game mail” that works sometimes.
This is dumb. If the game can send me a notification, it knows the pet rescue is active. I should not have to answer the notification then do further things to be able to participate in the thing the notification informs me about.
How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This has happened as long as pet rescue notifications have existed. This probably isn’t my (or anyone else’s) first bug report about it.
Steps to make it happen again
- Be at work with your phone asleep and Pet Rescue notifications enabled.
- Get a pet rescue notification and decide yes, you’ll spend a few minutes dealing with it.
- Tap the notification so your phone takes you to Gems of War.
- Gems of War is completely oblivious there is a pet rescue going on and will cheerfully let the timer run out unless I play a different match.
- Type a bug report on your break instead of playing GoW.