I hate Queen Mab

Bonus question, then: What are good options for control teams that have Stun or Cleanse?

My go-to team is Naga Queen, Valkyrie, Alchemist, Banshee. The mana spread is good–all colors–and it has the added advantage of being very good at producing maps. The other troops that have Transform abilities don’t seem to work well here. I’d happily swap out the Banshee for the Herdmaster and take my chances with explosions, except the Banshee is the soul of the team because she does direct damage. So I would then need to swap out someone else for a direct damage or damage-all case, and the whole thing falls apart.

Maw, Mercy, (Bone Dragon or Sheggra), bonus card.

I’ve been using Sunweaver to buff maw once.

Don’t care what I’m up against, Maw is actually more powerful for offense now in the sense that when up against another maw, he is far less likely to be devoured by a random lucky skull hit.

If the enemies maw manages to cast before you, he usually eats another troop instead of the your maw. So then you eat him after he eats one of your troops.

It’s like a bonuses double helping.

Not every team will work against every team.
In other words, if you want to easily go against a team that’s heavy on stuns and/or freezes, if your current team can’t powerhouse through it, you’ll need to have a back up team with cleanse or other useful utility.

In your teams case, I can’t think of someone that would perfectly fit that has a cleanse. Which is why you should have a back up team for those particularly cleanse 100% needed battles.

I personally use Emperor K (for stuns and mana drain), Queen Mab (for freeze and damage), Valkyrie (for filling emperor and Mab), and mercy (for cleanse and for filling Valkryie). That team has the potential of beating any team. I never use Emperor unless I’ve already used Mab and/or they are full mana and I want to deny them their skill. And it has the added bonus of using Valkyrie for souls. And Mercy is great for a team wide cleanse heal and converter (with empower woo hoo)!

That’s the team I use against very hard opponents.

You could also build a Maw Mercy team which would perhaps be faster than mine (but I enjoy freeze too much to give up Mab, and I love Emperor).

There’s a lot of other combos that work really well with cleanses. You could use the new support from Leonis kingdom (can’t remember the name), for example

The game gets a lot harder when you don’t use a troop with a cleanse. Thankfully there’s a lot of them out there. Not enough for every single type of team possible… But enough to where you can build a solid team with.

1 Like

In spite of farming for traitstones with Explore, I’m nowhere near getting Mercy or Maw the traits they need to be competitive. I don’t consider either of them viable choices for my teams at present.

In order to incorporate Mercy you don’t need to have all her traits. She’s still great even without empowered (that just makes her THAT much better). She still is a great way to get yellows, especially with Valkyrie which can fill mercy… And she has a group cleanse and a decent heal. On her own without her third trait she’s still good, especially if you need a cleanse and heal :slight_smile:

I was also using Maw before I got his traits for his one shot ability. Albeit there are better people than him for one shots.

I suppose Mercy could take the place of my Naga Queen, who I’ve been relying on for healing. Same mana colors and amount. My Mercy is only epic whereas the Naga Queen is up to legendary, so that’s a minus, but hopefully I can work with that. I wish I had a lot more Swamp traitstones though; Mercy only has one trait so far.

You should at least try it :slight_smile: no harm in that! If you don’t like it you can always switch it back

I’ve been trying Mercy in the team during Explore. (I play at Warlord II because it gives me better rewards. I’d do Warlord IV but IMO it makes the battles take too long.) I’m finding that the team performs marginally worse with her as-is when compared to the Naga Queen, but that could be because she doesn’t have all her traits yet and is still only epic. So I have some hope for her, but I suspect I’m gonna have to switch back to NQ on Monday.

1 Like