How to identify a game bug

Bugs are bad, so if it isn’t bad, it may not be a bug :thinking:

So I’ve designed this easy criteria to help people decide before reporting a possible ‘bug’.

1. Does this imbalance or break the game? If NO, then maybe not a bug.
  2. Does it annoy players? If NO, then maybe not a bug.
  3. Would changing this annoy players? If YES, then maybe not a bug.
  4. Based upon above three answers, is mentioning this a waste of valuable dev time? If YES, then maybe not a bug, and they probably wont fix anyways.

Lets look at an example to make things clearer.

Some people think that the pet Wrymling being in the pet rotation is a bug :rofl:

1. Does this imbalance or break the game? No.
  2. Does it annoy players? No.
  3. Would changing this annoy players? Yes.
  4. Based upon above three answers, is mentioning this a waste of valuable dev time? Absolutely!

Now lets look at a real bug example.

PS4 players are unable to view profiles, which makes guild communication almost impossible.

1. Does this imbalance or break the game? Yes.
  2. Does it annoy players? @WishKiller thinks so
  3. Would changing this annoy players? No, this needs to be fixed.
  4. Based upon above three answers, is mentioning this a waste of valuable dev time? No, in fact this should be a top priority.

Your post amused me, so I gave you a like.

However, in your first example, one additional question might be relevant: “Does the current operation directly contradict an ‘official news’ post that explained how this is supposed to work?” If yes, I think it is still a bug, at least technically. That said, I’d rather the devs spend their time working on the second example.

Sirrian gets confused…
First the hair goes, and then I forget what comes next. :thinking:
But the point is, sometimes Sirrian’s post is the bug and not the game.

And it would be just fine with me if the “bug fix” was to edit that official news post and just release all pets into the wild from day 1 hereafter.

That’s actually… brilliant.

While my hair is long gone, my mind is still pretty sharp.